Gahanna, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
With its proximity to Columbus, Gahanna offers a wide-range of rehab facilities that provide treatment services such as inpatient care, intensive outpatient programs, mental health counseling, and medication-assisted treatment.
Like many cities in Ohio, Gahanna residents live with drug abuse and addiction. Thankfully, there are 61 addiction treatment facilities within a 25-mile radius.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Gahanna, Ohio
Of the 61 alcohol and drug rehab centers in and around Gahanna, most offer at least two types of treatment programs to ensure people get the customized help they’re looking for.
Some of the treatment services you may find for addiction recovery include:
- inpatient treatment
- intensive outpatient programs
- partial hospitalization programs
- medication-assisted treatment
- dual-diagnosis treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders
Detox programs are designed to support you during alcohol or drug withdrawal. Uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms can make recovery harder and relapse more likely, which is why detox support is a crucial starting point.
To help ease withdrawal symptoms, healthcare professionals may provide medication, IV fluids, and other supportive measures to keep you comfortable.
During inpatient rehab, you stay at a residential treatment center and attend individual and group therapy, support groups, and recreational activities. You may also receive mental health care and develop strategies for relapse prevention.
Inpatient treatment programs are structured and highly organized, and expect to follow a strict daily schedule with multiple recovery services and therapies.
Intensive Outpatient Programs
Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) consist of behavioral therapy, group therapy, and peer support and usually take about 10-12 hours a week. IOPs are for those who have already gone through detox and only have a mild to moderate addiction.
Partial Hospitalization Programs
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) are most like inpatient care and take about 25-30 hours per week. These outpatient rehab programs consist of individual and group therapy, peer support, and mental health care.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is for those with alcohol addiction or opioid use disorder. During MAT, medical professionals prescribe medication to help ease cravings and dependence. You’ll also attend therapy to ensure your mental and physical health are treated together.
Dual-Diagnosis Treatment For Co-Occurring Mental Health Disorders
If you’re struggling with a mental illness on top of a substance use disorder, look for addiction treatment centers with dual-diagnosis treatment for co-occurring disorders.
These rehab programs will help treat your drug addiction along with depression, anxiety, or any other mental illness you may have.
Paying For Addiction Treatment In Gahanna, Ohio
If you have Medicare/Medicaid or private health insurance, some cost of addiction treatment will likely be covered. If you want to be sure, you can contact your Medicare/Medicaid representative, private health insurance provider, or treatment center directly.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Gahanna, Ohio
Gahanna has seen many substance abuse and overdose trends. Drug overdose deaths have been particularly high and opioid use continues to be a problem in this area:
- According to the Franklin County Coroner’s Office, drug overdose deaths in Franklin County in 2021 increased for the second year in a row, and it was largely due to fentanyl.
- Fentanyl contributed to 89% of the 825 opioid overdose deaths in 2021.
- At 825 overdose deaths in 2021, there was only a 4% decrease from 2020.
- In 2021, the most overdose deaths in Franklin County occurred in the 35-44 age group.
Local Gahanna, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Whether you’re looking for substance abuse treatment, help in a crisis, or are in need of a support group, there is a local resource for everyone.
Some of the local substance use resources include:
Ohio Recovery Center
Ohio Recovery Center is located in Van Wert, Ohio, which is about 125 miles from Gahanna.
At Ohio Recovery Center, we offer a variety of addiction treatment programs to ensure everyone gets the customized treatment plan they need. Our treatment options include detox, inpatient drug rehab, medication-assisted treatment, and aftercare support.
To find out if our program will work for you or a loved one, please call our helpline today.
- Axios Columbus — Fentanyl fuels local spike in drug overdose deaths https://www.axios.com/local/columbus/2022/08/17/fentanyl-drug-overdose-deaths-columbus-ohio
- Franklin County Forensic Science Center Office of the Coroner — Franklin County Ohio 2021 Drug Overdose Fatalities Data Brief https://coroner.franklincountyohio.gov/getattachment/81c81378-bd61-49aa-bd88-22355ddf9907/Overdose_2017-2021_Report.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — Find Treatment https://findtreatment.gov/