Wooster, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
Wooster, Ohio offers addiction treatment options like detox, inpatient and outpatient rehab, and aftercare support. The city also offers community support to help you find the right substance abuse treatment for you.
Wooster, Ohio features quite a few drug and alcohol treatment centers. There are 17 drug and alcohol rehab facilities within a 25-mile radius of the city, and most provide a variety of treatment options like detox support and residential/outpatient drug and alcohol rehab programs.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Wooster, Ohio
While some addiction treatment facilities in and around Wooster offer only one or two treatment programs, most offer different levels of care that include:
- inpatient treatment
- intensive outpatient programs
- partial hospitalization programs
- dual-diagnosis treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders
- aftercare support
Detoxification or detox is a common first step in the addiction recovery process. You can go to a detox center, an inpatient treatment center, or your healthcare provider.
During detox, you’re put under medical supervision while drugs and/or alcohol are allowed to leave your system. You may also be given medication to help reduce cravings, ease withdrawal symptoms, and make the whole withdrawal process more comfortable.
Inpatient or residential treatment allows you to stay at a residential facility with 24/7 supervision and support. On top of receiving therapy, going to group therapy, and participating in recreational activities, you’ll eat, sleep, and live at the facility.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
With outpatient services, you receive similar treatment programs as you would during inpatient treatment. But instead of staying at the treatment facility 24/7, you’re able to go home after your treatment sessions each day.
Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) involve individual therapy, group therapy, and support groups, and treatment sessions consist of 10-12 hours per week.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) are more intensive than IOPs and involve therapy, support groups, and medical care. PHP treatment sessions usually last 25-30 hours per week.
This type of treatment is recommended for those with more severe addictions as it mimics inpatient treatment much more than an IOP does.
If you live with other mental health disorders beyond substance use disorder, you may want to look for a facility that offers dual-diagnosis treatment and mental health services. This ensures that if you have any mental illness, you get it treated along with your addiction.
Some addiction treatment centers also offer aftercare support for when you leave inpatient or outpatient treatment. It may include resources like halfway houses, support groups, and sober-living housing to help you stay on track in your recovery journey.
Paying For Treatment In Wooster, Ohio
The ability to pay for drug addiction treatment can be the difference between someone getting help or continuing to struggle with their addiction.
Thanfully, if you have private health insurance or Medicare/Medicaid, you shouldn’t have to worry too much about the cost as they generally cover most, if not all, of it.
If you’re uninsured, there are a few payment options you can look for:
- cash or self-payment
- sliding fee scale that allows you to pay what your income will allow
- payment plans
- financial assistance
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Wooster, Ohio
Ohio has been deeply affected by the opioid epidemic, and opioids continue to be an issue in the community. Some local substance abuse statistics include:
- During 2017–2019, the average annual prevalence of prescription painkiller misuse in Ohio was at 4.5%, which was higher than the 3.8% regional average and the national average of 3.7%
- The annual average of opioid use disorder in Ohio from 2017 to 2019 was 1.4%. This was much higher than the regional average (0.8%) and the national average (0.7%).
- The Wayne County Health Department found that there were 40 overdose deaths due to opioid, methamphetamine, and fentanyl use in 2021.
Local Wooster, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Beyond the treatment facilities and drug rehab centers in Wooster, Ohio, there are also a number of resources that can help you find treatment services that will aid you on your road to recovery:
- United Way of Wayne and Holmes County
- Mental Health Recovery Board of Wayne and Holmes County Crisis Hotline
- Ohio CareLine
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or a loved one live with drug or alcohol addiction, Ohio Recovery Center is here for you. We’re located in Van Wert, Ohio which is about 145 miles from Wooster.
At our treatment center, we understand that one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment. It’s why we offer a variety of treatment options including detox, inpatient drug rehab, medication-assisted treatment, and aftercare support.
For more information, please call our helpline today.
- The Daily Record — Health Department: Wayne County overdose deaths reached new high in 2021 https://www.the-daily-record.com/story/news/drugs/opioid-crisis/2022/08/13/wayne-county-overdose-deaths-reached-new-high-in-2021/65402120007/
- SAMHSA — Behavioral Health Barometer: Ohio Volume 6 https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/reports/rpt32852/Ohio-BH-Barometer_Volume6.pdf
- SAMHSA — Find Treatment https://findtreatment.gov/results