The Best Alcohol & Drug Rehab Programs In Ashland, Ohio
You can find alcohol and drug rehab options available in the city of Ashland and surrounding areas like Mansfield and Akron. Local treatment services include medication-assisted treatment, detox support, and inpatient and outpatient rehab programs.
If you or a loved one live in Ashland, Ohio, and struggle with alcohol or drug abuse, consider seeking a rehab center in the area.
Located in Ashland County, the city of Ashland provides two addiction treatment centers within 5 miles of the city, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Ashland, Ohio
Some alcohol and drug addiction treatment options available to you in or near Ashland include:
- medical detox
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
Out of the available alcohol and drug treatment services, most drug rehab centers begin with detox. Through detoxification, the process helps your body release the unwanted toxins and chemicals caused by substance abuse.
A short-term stay at a detox center may be typical due to the nature of detox and how the process occurs quickly. Despite this, a healthcare professional can monitor you throughout the process, keeping an eye out for any withdrawal symptoms which may occur.
A drug and alcohol rehab center may provide inpatient rehab programs in a residential setting. For those who choose inpatient care, you will be required to remain on the premises of the treatment facility for the duration of the recovery program.
With 24/7 care, you will have access to healthcare workers who can assist you with medication and treatment. Additionally, inpatient addiction treatment programs may prove to be beneficial for those with a dual diagnosis of both a substance use disorder and a mental health disorder.
At an outpatient rehab facility, you may have a more relaxed schedule than inpatient rehab, visiting the outpatient program numerous times throughout the week to participate in treatment services like counseling and therapy.
Outpatient care includes comprehensive programs like partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) and intensive outpatient programs (IOPs). These programs provide more intensive treatment options than standard outpatient care.
Those suffering from either an opioid use disorder or an alcohol use disorder can benefit from medication-assisted treatment (MAT). With MAT, the combination of therapy with medication helps reduce the risk of relapse while promoting long-term recovery.
Once you’ve completed a rehab program, you’ll find there are numerous aftercare resources that may be coordinated by your treatment center. These services can include case management, employment assistance, sober-living housing, support groups, and ongoing counseling.
Paying For Treatment In Ashland, Ohio
If you require payment assistance for substance abuse treatment, there are several payment options which can be of service to you, including public plans like Medicare and Medicaid.
If you have private health insurance, contact your healthcare provider to determine if your insurance covers drug or alcohol treatment. Contact the number on your insurance card to speak with a professional who can provide more information about your insurance plan.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Ashland, Ohio
Some of the substance use trends in Ohio, Ashland County, and the greater Cleveland area include:
- Opioid use disorder accounted for 33.5% of substance use disorders in Ashland in 2020.
- 46.5% of drug-related deaths involved powdered or crack cocaine during the first 6 months of 2022 in the Cleveland region.
- In 2019, 58% of students in 8th-12th grade in Ashland County reported they drank alcohol.
- The Cleveland region is rated “moderate to high” for powdered cocaine.
- In 2020, there were 5,204 overdose deaths in the state of Ohio.
- Fentanyl availability in the Cleveland region is rated as “high” and has increased during 2022.
Ashland, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Drug and alcohol addiction resources available to you in this region include:
- the City of Ashland’s Drug Disposal Program
- SAMHSA’s behavioral health tool locator
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Mental Health and Recovery Board of Ashland County
- Ashland County Health Department’s Community Resources
- Project DAWN (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
Ohio Recovery Center
Located just 2 hours away from Ashland, our treatment center provides various levels of care for you to consider. At Ohio Recovery Center, our inpatient treatment options include individual and group behavioral therapy, medication-assisted treatment, medical detox, and more.
For more information, please contact our helpline today.
- Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services — Percentage of SFY 2020 SUD Treatment Claims with Primary Diagnosis of Opiate Use Disorder https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DashboardsAndMaps/Maps/SUD-Treatment-Claims-Opiates-2020.pdf
- Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services — Prescription Opioid Doses Dispensed per Capita: 2021 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DashboardsAndMaps/Maps/OpioidDosesperCapita2021.pdf
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — Surveillance of Drug Abuse Trends in the State of Ohio June 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf