Dover, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
If you live with substance use disorder in Dover, Ohio, there is one addiction treatment center available within city limits. Additional drug and alcohol rehab services can be found throughout Tuscarawas County, the Akron-Canton region, and across Ohio.
The city of Dover is home to one drug addiction treatment center according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
While there’s only one rehab facility directly in the city, those who reside on the edge of the city can find various drug and alcohol rehab centers in surrounding areas like New Philadelphia or Wooster.
In fact, there are countless treatment facilities located throughout the entire state of Ohio.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In & Near Dover, Ohio
The variety of alcohol and drug treatment services available in and near Dover include:
- medical detox
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
Get Started On The Road To Recovery.
Get Confidential Help 24/7. Call Today!(419) 904-4158
When you enter a drug or alcohol addiction treatment program, one of the first steps in your recovery may be the process of detoxification. Detox is a treatment in which a team of healthcare workers monitor you while the unwanted chemicals in your body are purged.
While withdrawal symptoms may occur, your treatment team will monitor you throughout the stages of detox to ensure your safety.
For those who require significant treatment, an inpatient facility that offers numerous drug and alcohol treatment programs may benefit you.
For instance, if you have a dual diagnosis such as a substance use disorder and a mental health disorder, the scheduled structure of an inpatient drug rehab center can provide you with an organized routine and a multidisciplinary approach.
With treatment options for your drug abuse, plans may offer individualized levels of care, and you stay at the facility 24/7.
Outpatient treatment facilities allow you to have a flexible schedule. You are only required to visit the treatment center at designated times during the week.
Outpatient rehab programs may provide a different schedule compared to inpatient care, but you can take part in outpatient programs such as a partial hospitalization program (PHP) or an intensive outpatient program (IOP).
If you suffer from opioid use disorder or alcohol use disorder, medication-assisted treatment can be helpful. A treatment only provided to those who have one of these substance use disorders, MAT uses the technique of combining medication with behavioral health therapy.
This form of rehab program may offer medications such as buprenorphine/naloxone (Suboxone), methadone, disulfiram, and more.
Your treatment team may make aftercare referrals to help you with relapse prevention. Despite completing a rehab program, addiction recovery resources can help you maintain sobriety.
For instance, group therapies or individual counseling can be beneficial, as can support groups and 12-step programs such as Narcotics Anonymous (NA) or Alcoholics Anonymous (AA).
Paying For Treatment In Dover, Ohio
If you have private health insurance, remember to contact your treatment provider to determine your type of coverage. Confirm that your plan provides inpatient or outpatient care for substance abuse treatment.
Those seeking a form of payment assistance without health insurance may be eligible for military insurance (Tricare), Medicaid, or Medicare.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Dover, Ohio
Important substance abuse facts about this area of Ohio include:
- 30 provisional overdose deaths took place within a 12-month period ending in June 2022 in Tuscarawas County.
- The Akron-Canton region saw an increase in the availability of powdered cocaine, crack cocaine, and fentanyl during the first six months of 2022.
- During the first six months of 2022, the most available prescription opioids in the Akron-Canton region were OxyContin and Percocet.
- During the first six months of 2022, the availability of sedative-hypnotics such as the benzodiazepine Xanax decreased in the Akron-Canton region.
- During the first six months of 2022, the availability of marijuana and methamphetamine were labeled as “high” in the Akron-Canton region.
Dover, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Local substance use resources consist of:
- Tuscarawas County Health Department
- SAMHSA’s behavioral health tool locator
- Alcohol, Drug Addiction, & Mental Health Services board of Tuscarawas County
- Project Dawn (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or a loved one are struggling with drug or alcohol abuse, Ohio Recovery Center offers personalized addiction programs. Located just under 3 hours away from Dover, our treatment center focuses on medical detox, wellness techniques, and evidence-based practices.
To learn more about our treatment plans, please contact us today.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) — Provisional County-Level Drug Overdose Death Counts https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/prov-county-drug-overdose.htm
- Ohio Mental Health & Addiction Services — Research and Data https://mha.ohio.gov/research-and-data
- Ohio Mental Health & Addiction Services — Treatment for Substance Use Disorders https://mha.ohio.gov/research-and-data/dashboards-and-maps/maps/01-treatment-for-substance-use-disorders
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — June 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf