Steubenville, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
Those who live in Steubenville, Ohio, have access to alcohol and drug treatment services in the city itself, including both inpatient and outpatient treatment options.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), there are two drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers located within Steubenville. Nearby Jefferson County locales, including Weirton and Mingo Junction, are also home to rehab facilities.
There are various types of treatment options offered at drug rehab centers in the area. Depending on the severity of your alcohol or drug addiction, multiple treatment options may be beneficial for your addiction recovery.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Steubenville, Ohio
Some of the addiction treatment programs in Steubenville provide services that include:
- medical detox
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
Detoxification is a short-term process which typically takes place at the beginning of your drug and alcohol treatment program. Detox consists of your body ridding itself from harmful toxins, which may lead to uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.
In a medical detox program, the care of a healthcare professional can assist you throughout the withdrawal process. This form of substance abuse treatment may be your first step in addiction treatment.
A drug and alcohol rehab program can be beneficial if you participate as an inpatient. Inpatient treatment allows you to stay at the treatment center, providing you with various forms of care.
At a residential facility, you can focus on treating your drug abuse with a more hands-on approach. As an inpatient, you have access to medications and healthcare professionals 24/7.
This allows you to participate in a structured environment. Those with a dual diagnosis such as a mental health disorder and a substance use disorder can benefit from multidisciplinary mental health services in an inpatient setting.
Outpatient rehab is an option that appeals to many due to the flexible schedule. While you do not remain at the treatment facility 24/7, you will have to visit several times throughout the week to take part in group, individual, or family therapy.
More involved forms of outpatient treatment consists of an intensive outpatient program (IOP) or a partial hospitalization program (PHP). Either of these rehab programs can be helpful for those with mild to moderate addictions.
If you suffer from an alcohol use disorder or an opioid use disorder, consider medication-assisted treatment (MAT). With MAT, medication like buprenorphine or naltrexone is combined with therapy and counseling to reduce the risk of relapse and overdose.
To assist in relapse prevention once you’ve completed a substance abuse treatment program, your treatment may coordinate follow-up aftercare. Aftercare planning can include family services, case management, employment assistance, sober-living, and counseling.
Paying For Treatment In Steubenville, Ohio
If you do not have health insurance, there are payment options available for you to consider such Medicaid, Medicare, and other forms of payment assistance.
If you have private health insurance, contact your treatment provider or call the phone number on your insurance card. A representative at either organization can help you determine your type of coverage and if it covers substance abuse treatment.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Steubenville, Ohio
Substance use trends in Steubenville and Jefferson County include:
- The drug overdose mortality rate in Jefferson County was 40%, a higher percentage than the state of Ohio (38.3%) as well as the United States (23%) in 2022.
- The use of marijuana in the Youngstown region continues to be labeled as high for 2022.
- The most available opioid in the Youngstown region during the first six months of 2022 was Percocet.
- Fentanyl, powdered cocaine, and crack cocaine availability in the Youngstown region increased during the first six months of 2022.
- In 2021, 31 of the 35 accidental deaths in Jefferson County were attributed to drug overdoses.
Steubenville, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Substance use resources offered in Jefferson County include:
- (SAMHSA) behavioral health tool locator
- Project DAWN (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- the Jefferson County Prevention and Recovery Board
- the Jefferson County General Health District
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or your loved one are ready to begin the journey to sobriety and recovery, consider Ohio Recovery Center. Our recovery program is located 4 hours away from Steubenville, and we offer evidence-based services within an accredited inpatient treatment program.
To learn more, please contact us today.
- Jefferson County General Health District — 2021 Annual Report https://jchealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/2021-Annual-Report.pdf
- Jefferson County General Health District — COMMUNITY HEALTH https://jchealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/2022-Community-Health-Assessment.pdf
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network — Surveillance of Drug Abuse Trends in the State of Ohio June 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf