Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services Near Tallmadge, Ohio
Those who live in Tallmadge, Ohio, can find a wide-range of substance abuse treatment options available in Akron and across Summit County.
If you or a loved one live in Tallmadge and deal with alcohol or drug abuse, consider seeking treatment options to begin your road to recovery.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), there are no drug addiction treatment centers in the city of Tallmadge. However, there are nearby options in the suburbs of Akron and throughout Summit County.
Drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers are located near Tallmadge in neighboring cities such as Cuyahoga Falls and Kent. Those struggling with drug dependency can consider the treatment services available nearby.
Available Addiction Treatment Services Near Tallmadge, Ohio
Some of the various drug treatment services available in Akron and Summit County include:
- medical detox services
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
Medical Detox Services
One of the first steps in a rehab program consists of detoxification. Through the detox process, healthcare professionals will monitor you as the toxins and harmful chemicals exit your body.
This process may last short-term, but can result in withdrawal symptoms and a higher risk of relapse. Drug and alcohol rehab centers help monitor your withdrawal symptoms and keep you comfortable so you refrain from further substance use and prepare for formal treatment.
For those considering residential treatment, you will stay on the premises of the drug rehab center. There, you will participate in various treatment programs that give you 24/7 access to medical professionals, therapy, peers, and other services.
Those suffering from a substance use disorder or dual diagnosis may require more intensive treatment through inpatient care. An inpatient program helps you maintain a schedule in a structured and peaceful environment at a rehab facility.
If you’re seeking a more relaxed form of treatment, consider outpatient care. While you’ll still attend the rehabilitation center at various times throughout the week, this particular type of addiction treatment program doesn’t rely on staying at a treatment facility 24/7.
However, there are outpatient treatment programs you can consider which offer more extensive treatment programs such as an intensive outpatient program (IOP) or a partial hospitalization program (PHP).
Those suffering from opioid use disorder or alcohol use disorder should consider medication-assisted treatment (MAT). Many rehab centers provide this type of treatment, although it’s only used for those with either of the two substance use disorders.
With MAT, behavioral therapy and medication are combined to form a type of treatment specifically for those struggling with alcohol or opioid drug abuse. For those with either of these substance use disorders, MAT may be recommended by your doctor.
In addition to successful addiction recovery, those exiting drug and alcohol treatment programs can continue their journey of sobriety by participating in aftercare resources such as group or family therapy.
There may also be a diverse range of 12-step programs and individualized therapy options offered. For instance, you may choose to participate in a local Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) or Narcotics Anonymous (NA) group.
Paying For Treatment In Tallmadge, Ohio
If you have health insurance, contact the phone number on your insurance card. Speak with your insurance provider to determine which type of substance abuse treatment is covered with your healthcare plan.
When contacting your insurance provider, determine if your coverage includes inpatient or outpatient programs. For those without private health insurance, there are other payment options to consider such as Medicare and Medicaid.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Tallmadge, Ohio
Substance use trends in the Summit County area and across Ohio include:
- There were 54 overdose deaths in Summit County in January 2023.
- There were 845 overdoses in Summit County throughout 2022.
- There were 1,869 alcohol-related emergency room visits in Summit County in 2022.
- In 2020, there were 5,204 overdose deaths in the state of Ohio.
- The crack cocaine and fentanyl availability in the Akron-Canton region increased during the first six months of 2022.
Tallmadge, Ohio Substance Use Resources
The following are substance use resources for you to consider:
- (SAMHSA) behavioral health tool locator
- medication disposal offered by Summit County Public Health
- Summit Safe resource list
- Project DAWN (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
Ohio Recovery Center
For those considering alcohol or drug addiction treatment, consider Ohio Recovery Center. Our treatment center is located just under 3 hours away from Tallmade, and we offer evidence-based treatment options like medical detox, MAT, and behavioral therapy on an inpatient basis.
To learn more, please contact us today.
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — Surveillance of Drug Abuse Trends in the State of Ohio June 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf
- Summit County Public Health — Alcohol-Related Emergency Department Visits, 2022 https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMDJkMjAyNGItM2I3NC00YWNhLThiMjUtNjFjNGE0NjdlZjk3IiwidCI6ImJiMWI0YjU2LTQ4N2EtNGIyMy04YTI0LWEzYWVmNjVlMTFmZiIsImMiOjF9
- Summit County Public Health — Drug Overdose Emergency Department Visits, 2023 https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMDg4OTQ2MjgtNzU0MC00NzFiLTg4NzctNGNhM2JjNzkxZWQzIiwidCI6ImJiMWI0YjU2LTQ4N2EtNGIyMy04YTI0LWEzYWVmNjVlMTFmZiIsImMiOjF9
- Summit County Public Health — Estimated Ohio Drug Overdose Deaths https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZTkxZDAwOGQtNjYyMS00ZTQ5LTg0OTctOTNiMzMwMGE0MTE2IiwidCI6ImJiMWI0YjU2LTQ4N2EtNGIyMy04YTI0LWEzYWVmNjVlMTFmZiIsImMiOjF9