Drug Rehab & Addiction Services In Portage County, Ohio
There are various substance abuse treatment centers located in Portage County. These treatment centers, along with helpful resources managed by the county’s Mental Health and Recovery Board, can help pave the way for long-term recovery.
For those of you struggling with alcohol or drug abuse and seeking addiction treatment, the Mental Health & Recovery Board of Portage County provides several resources and guides to assist you in finding the services you require.
Additionally, there are accredited rehab centers spread across the state, including Ohio Recovery Center in Van Wert.
Substance Abuse Resources In Portage County, Ohio
There are various mental illness and substance abuse treatment resources available to those who live in Portage County, including:
- Portage County Health District
- Ohio Mental Health & Addiction Services
- 2022 Portage County Community Assessment
- Portage County resource guide
- drug prevention for adolescents
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or a loved one are seeking an individualized and structured treatment plan, consider Ohio Recovery Center. Located less than 3.5 hours away, we provide various addiction treatment services to assist you throughout the recovery process.
Portage County Substance Use & Overdose Data
Substance use trends in Portage County and the surrounding region include:
- From 2016-2022, 9.2% of adults in Portage County participated in heavy drinking.
- From 2016-2022, 20.1% of adults in Portage County participated in binge drinking.
- During the first six months of 2022, the Akron-Canton region of the state saw a decrease in the availability of heroin.
- From 2016-2022, 23.5 per 100,000 people died from accidental overdoses.
- During the first six months of 2022, the most available benzodiazepines were Xanax and Klonopin, with an overall increase in Klonopin.
- During the first six months of 2022, the most available prescription opioid in Portage County was Vicodin and Percocet.
- During the first six months of 2022, the Akron-Canton region of the state saw a high availability of fentanyl and cocaine.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Options In Portage County, Ohio
As stated by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), there are 14 treatment facilities in Portage County. Those attending a drug or alcohol rehab may find various treatment options available.
Detox is the short-term process in which your drug treatment consists of ridding the body of the unwanted chemicals and harmful toxins caused by drug or alcohol abuse. This form of treatment can be the first stage in addiction recovery.
Those who choose residential treatment may participate in behavioral therapy options such as group counseling and support groups. Inpatient treatment allows you to remain on-site at the treatment center where you will be surrounded by a team of medical professionals.
Those with a substance use disorder and mental health disorder (dual diagnosis) who have a serious drug addiction may benefit from inpatient care.
Outpatient treatment programs do not require you to remain on-site, but you must attend the rehab facility numerous times during the week.
Depending on the level of care you require, you may consider outpatient treatment options such as an intensive outpatient program (IOPs) or a partial hospitalization program (PHPs).
If a person lives with either opioid use disorder or alcohol use disorder, they may require medication-assisted treatment (MAT). This form of treatment combines medication with behavioral therapy.
Payment Options Accepted In Portage County
To determine whether you are in-network or out-of-network with your treatment provider, those with health insurance should contact the phone number on their insurance card.
You can then determine if your coverage allows treatment for inpatient or outpatient care to help narrow down your addiction treatment options. For those without private health insurance, the state of Ohio provides insurance options like Medicare or Medicaid.
To learn more about our treatment options or speak with one of our healthcare professionals regarding insurance and payment options, please contact us today.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) — Ohio https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/states/ohio/oh.htm
- Ohio Mental Health & Addiction Services — Portage County https://mha.ohio.gov/wps/wcm/connect/gov/ced2bd60-19bd-4ad8-b97c-94113fe63ace/County-Profiles-Portage.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE.Z18_M1HGGIK0N0JO00QO9DDDDM3000-ced2bd60-19bd-4ad8-b97c-94113fe63ace-o9-2Lt9
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — Surveillance of Substance Abuse Trends in the State of Ohio 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-January-2022.pdf