North Canton, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
In the North Canton, Ohio, area, residents can find alcohol and drug treatment options in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Treatment services in this region include medical detox, medication-assisted treatment, and ongoing aftercare support.
North Canton and Stark County offer several alcohol and drug rehab centers. In fact, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), there are five treatment facilities located in the city itself.
If you or a loved one live with drug or alcohol addiction, consider the many treatment centers in Ohio. Whether you live in North Canton or surrounding areas such as Akron or Cleveland, substance abuse treatment services are available.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In North Canton, Ohio
Rehab facilities provide certain addiction treatment programs that can include:
- medical detox
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
A short-term process and typically the first step in drug addiction treatment, medical detox allows your body to rid itself of toxins built up in your body from drug use. This form of substance abuse treatment allows the chemicals to be removed from the body in a safe setting.
Not only does this process prepare you for further treatment, healthcare workers monitor you through detoxification. Once detox is completed, other therapies may be implemented to assist you in addiction recovery.
If you’re searching for residential treatment that provides a peaceful and structured environment, consider an inpatient treatment program. As an inpatient at a drug or alcohol rehab facility, you will receive 24/7 care from healthcare professionals.
Those struggling with drug abuse who choose inpatient care may take part in various therapies. Additionally, those with both mental health disorders and substance use disorders (dual diagnosis) may require extra attention which can be found at an inpatient treatment center.
At an outpatient treatment facility, you will be required to make weekly visits to the rehab center. Outpatient treatment offers a more relaxed environment but provides more rigorous programs including an intensive outpatient program (IOP) or a partial hospitalization program (PHP).
For those suffering from alcohol use disorder or opioid use disorder, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) combines therapy with medication to reduce the risk of relapse and overdose. This type of rehab program treatment may be recommended by your healthcare representative.
After successfully completing a substance abuse treatment program, you can continue your road to recovery by participating in follow-up aftercare resources.
Individual therapy, support groups, employment assistance, case management, and alumni programs may all be coordinated or offered by your recovery program following treatment.
Paying For Treatment In North Canton, Ohio
If you have health insurance and need to determine if you’re eligible for substance abuse treatment, reach out to your healthcare provider and contact the number on your insurance card.
If you do not have private health insurance, Medicaid and Medicare are public insurance options that can help you pay for services.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In North Canton, Ohio
Some of the substance use trends in Stark County and the Akron-Canton region include:
- The Stark County Health Department issued an alert in 2021 that prevention kits which contain naloxone (Narcan) were available for free after there were eight suspected overdose deaths within a 24-hour period.
- The Akron-Canton Region saw an increase in fentanyl availability during the first six months of 2022.
- The most available prescription opioids during the first six months of 2022 were OxyContin and Percocet.
- 30 accidental drug overdose deaths occurred in Stark County in 202, the tenth leading cause of death that year.
North Canton, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Substance use resources available to those living in North Canton include:
- Project DAWN (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- Stark County Health Department
- Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- SAMHSA’s behavioral health locator tool
Ohio Recovery Center
At Ohio Recovery Center, we offer various levels of care as well as evidence-based services. Our inpatient treatment program, which includes medical detox and MAT, is located about three hours from North Canton and can help guide you on the path to long-term recovery.
To find out if our drug or alcohol addiction treatment center works for you or a loved one, please contact us today.
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — Surveillance of Drug Abuse Trends in the State of Ohio June 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf
- Stark County Health Department — 2020 Annual Report https://cms7files1.revize.com/starkcountyoh/Document_center/Reports-Statistics/Annual%20Report/2020-Annual-Report-for-Stark-County-Health-Department.pdf