Stark County, Ohio Drug Rehab & Addiction Services
For those of you who reside in Stark County, Ohio, and live with alcohol or drug addiction, there are rehab programs and addiction recovery resources available.
Stark County is located in the Northeast region of the state of Ohio. If you or a loved one are struggling with drug abuse, consider utilizing resources offered by the Health Board of Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery.
Substance Abuse Resources In Stark County, Ohio
The Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Services board offers resources for those in need of substance abuse treatment as well as those suffering from mental illness.
Some of the local resources from Stark County include:
- Opiate Task Force of Stark County
- Recovery is Beautiful program
- Crisis Intervention Teams
- Overdose prevention tips
- Drug Drop Off Locations
- Medical Resources offered
- Project Dawn of Stark County
- Prevention Resources
Ohio Recovery Center
Just under 3 hours away from Stark County, Ohio Recovery Center provides inpatient addiction treatment services. At our treatment center, we offer medical detox, evidence-based practices like behavioral therapy and medication-assisted treatment, and aftercare support.
At our residential treatment facility, each patient receives an individualized treatment plan where services are tailored for personal needs and preferences.
Stark County Substance Use & Overdose Data
Some of the substance use trends and data regarding overdose deaths in Stark County, Ohio, include:
- Over 40% of 7th-12th grade adolescents and young adults in Stark County have used alcohol over their lifetime.
- Prescription painkillers account for nearly 37% of unintentional overdose deaths in Ohio.
- During the first six months of 2022, the most available prescription opioid was Percocet and Vicodin.
- During the first six months of 2022, the Akron-Canton region of the state saw significant availability of cocaine and fentanyl.
- 131 people in Stark County died from a drug-related overdose in 2020.
- 76% of opioid overdose deaths in this region in 2020 involved heroin or fentanyl.
- During the first six months of 2022, the Akron-Canton region of the state saw a decrease in the availability of heroin.
- During the first six months of 2022, the most available benzodiazepines were Klonopin and Xanax, with an increase of Klonopin use during this time.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Options In Stark County
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), there are 18 treatment centers located in the county. Many of these treatment facilities are offered in the North Canton, Akron, and Massillon areas.
Medical detoxification may be the first step in drug and alcohol addiction treatment. This is a short-term process which allows your body to rid itself of the unwanted and harmful chemicals in your body brought on by drug use, and medical detox helps support you during withdrawal.
For those of you with a substance use disorder or severe drug addiction, inpatient treatment can be necessary. Specialized plans for individuals may be offered, including forms of behavioral therapy such as group therapy.
Additionally, support groups, counseling, and case management can assist you when selecting residential treatment. Aftercare resources may be provided by your team of healthcare professionals, including recommendations for 12-step groups like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA).
Outpatient drug rehab centers require you to visit the treatment center numerous times throughout the week, unlike inpatient care which requires you to stay on-site 24/7. Outpatient treatment programs may depend on the level of care required.
For instance, you may choose an intensive outpatient program (IOP) or a partial hospitalization program (PHP).
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) may be offered at your addiction treatment center. MAT combines medication with behavioral therapy to help assist those living with either an opioid use disorder or an alcohol use disorder.
Payment Options Accepted In Stark County
If you have health insurance, speak with your provider to determine if inpatient or outpatient care is in-network or out-of-network with your policy.
Those without private health insurance can consider other options such as Medicare or Medicaid. Stark County also offers additional public insurance options for you to consider.
To verify your insurance coverage and learn more about the treatment options we provide, please contact Ohio Recovery Center today.
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — Surveillance of Substance Abuse Trends in the State of Ohio 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-January-2022.pdf
- Stark County Health Dept — Save Stark https://savestark-starkcohealthoh.hub.arcgis.com
- Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery — Prevention and Resources https://starkmhar.org/prevention-resources/safe-home/