Aurora, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
Although no substance abuse treatment centers are available in Aurora itself, you can find addiction treatment programs in Portage County and throughout the Cleveland area.
The city of Aurora, Ohio, provides various drug treatment resources for recovery. However, the city does not offer drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers but you can find a variety of rehab facilities in the surrounding areas.
Addiction recovery programs give you the best chance of recovery when they tailor services to your individual needs. At Ohio Recovery Center, we treat substance use disorder on an inpatient basis, and we’re located under three hours from Aurora.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services Near Aurora, Ohio
Treatment services and programs to consider in this region and throughout Ohio include:
- medical detox
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
One of the first steps in the treatment process is medical detox. The drug or alcohol treatment program at a detox center may require you to participate in this short-term treatment, which helps stabilize your body and mind for recovery.
Depending on the severity of the drug abuse, this form of substance abuse treatment helps manage withdrawal symptoms as they occur. A team of healthcare professionals are on-hand to help reduce the risk of relapse and keep you as comfortable as possible.
Those seeking a more intensive treatment program may consider inpatient care. Inpatient treatment is beneficial for those suffering from a mental illness along with a substance use disorder. Dual diagnosis may require constant care, which residential treatment can provide.
As an inpatient, you receive 24/7 care at the treatment center. Inpatient drug rehab centers provide treatment options such as behavioral therapy, group therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and an assortment of recovery-oriented activities.
Outpatient treatment provides you with a more flexible schedule than inpatient care. For instance, you will be required to visit the outpatient rehab several times throughout the week.
Although the structure at an outpatient treatment facility may not be as rigid as inpatient treatment, you may still participate in a comprehensive outpatient rehab program such as a partial hospitalization program (PHP) or an intensive outpatient program (IOP).
Those who suffer from opioid use disorder or alcohol use disorder may require medication-assisted treatment (MAT). With MAT, this form of treatment combines therapy with medication like methadone, buprenorphine, disulfiram, naltrexone, and acamprosate.
After attending a drug and alcohol rehab, your treatment team may recommend and help coordinate aftercare resources, including support groups. Other aftercare services can include alumni activities, case management, employment assistance, and outpatient therapy.
Paying For Treatment In Aurora, Ohio
If you do not have private health insurance, public insurance such as Medicaid and Medicare is available.
If you do have private health insurance, reach out to your insurance provider to determine if your policy covers substance abuse treatment. You can contact the phone number on your insurance card to speak with a representative as well as contact treatment centers directly.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Aurora, Ohio
Substance use trends and facts collected from Akron-Canton region include:
- The Akron–Canton region saw an increase in the availability for fentanyl and powdered cocaine during the first six months of 2022.
- There was no change in the availability of heroin and buprenorphine during the first six months of 2022 in the Akron-Canton region.
- The most available sedative-hypnotic in the Akron-Canton region in the first six months of 2022 was alprazolam (Xanax).
- Portage County had an opioid dispensing rate of 23.3 per 100 people in 2020.
Aurora, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Some of the resources available to those in Aurora include:
- Project DAWN (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- the helpline provided by the Mental Health & Recovery Board of Portage County
- the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) behavioral health locator
- resources for adolescents
- Aurora’s drug take-back program
- the Portage County Combined General Health District resources
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or your loved one live with alcohol or drug addiction, we can help. At our rehab center, we provide a variety of treatment programs in an inpatient setting. To learn more about our treatment center, please contact us today.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) — U.S. County Opioid Dispensing Rates, 2020 https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/rxrate-maps/county2020.html
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — Surveillance of Drug Abuse Trends in the State of Ohio June 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf
- Portage County Health District — 2022 Portage County Community Health Assessment https://www.portagecounty-oh.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif3706/f/pages/final_portage_county_ohio_chna_report_09_07_22.pdf