Ashtabula, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
Alcohol and drug rehab centers in Ashtabula and the surrounding area of Ohio offer addiction treatment options such as medical detox, medication-assisted treatment, and behavioral therapy in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
If you or a loved one live with drug addiction and reside in Ashtabula, Ohio, there are four treatment centers within the city according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Ashtabula, Ohio
Some of the treatment services available to you in this region of Ohio include:
- medical detox
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
In the beginning stages of substance abuse treatment, a person may undergo detoxification. With the short-term medical detox process, the harmful toxins and chemicals caused by drug abuse leave the body’s system, preparing your body for recovery.
To monitor withdrawal symptoms and reduce the risk of relapse and other health issues, healthcare professionals supervise and support you during a medical detox program.
As you continue with drug treatment, you may consider an inpatient drug or alcohol treatment program. Participating in a residential program allows you to stay on-site at the rehab facility for the duration of your treatment.
During this time, you may participate in various forms of therapy such as behavioral therapy and group therapy. Additionally, those with a mental health disorder and a substance use disorder may consider dual diagnosis treatment in a structured environment.
As an outpatient, you will have access to drug and alcohol rehab several times throughout the week. Instead of staying at a treatment center, however, you’ll need to travel for treatment sessions for scheduled days each week.
During this time, you will participate in the outpatient programs offered. Some treatment facilities may offer a partial hospitalization program (PHP) or an intensive outpatient program (IOP).
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is a form of treatment used for those suffering from either an alcohol use disorder or an opioid use disorder. Rehab programs only provide this type of treatment for these specific substance use disorders.
Those who choose a rehab program with MAT will receive care in the form of behavioral therapy combined with medication like naltrexone, buprenorphine, methadone, and others.
Those who complete a recovery program can consider aftercare resources. Addiction recovery resources can be provided by drug rehab centers to increase the chances of long-term recovery.
Aftercare resources can include ongoing therapy, family therapy, support group meetings, case management, employment assistance, and alumni activities.
Paying For Treatment In Ashtabula, Ohio
For those of you with health insurance, be sure to contact your healthcare provider to determine which rehab centers are in-network or out-of-network. Consider looking at your benefits to determine the extent of your coverage.
If you do not have private health insurance, other payment options include Medicaid, Medicare, and sliding-scale fees or payment plans.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Ashtabula, Ohio
Substance abuse trends in Ashtabula County and the Youngstown region include:
- Overdose deaths in 2021 decreased by 30.7% in Ashtabula County.
- The local Quick Response Team responded to 285 non-fatal overdoses in 2021 in Ashtabula County.
- The Youngstown region saw an increase in the availability of powdered cocaine during the first six months of 2022.
- Ashtabula County encountered the largest drug bust in the city’s history during December 2021.
- All school districts in this region have at least one alcohol/other drug prevention program as of October 1, 2022.
Ashtabula, Ohio Substance Use Resources
The substance abuse resources available to Ashtabula residents include:
- SAMHSA’s behavioral health tool locator
- Ashtabula County Health Department
- Ashtabula County County Mental Health and Recovery Services Board
- Project DAWN (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Ashtabula County prescription-drop off locations
Ohio Recovery Center
If you believe it’s time to get help for your drug abuse, consider finding a drug or alcohol addiction treatment center in Ohio to achieve sobriety. At Ohio Recovery Center, we’re located just under four hours away from Ashtabula.
To learn about our inpatient addiction treatment program, or to find out if we’re a good fit for you or a loved one, please contact us today.
- Ashtabula County — 2022 Community Health Assessment https://www.cityofashtabula.com/_files/ugd/b232bb_e148985695a74ba0b1ec5c04d614f45b.pdf
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — Surveillance of Drug Abuse Trends in the State of Ohio June 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf