Sandusky County Ohio Drug Rehab & Addiction Services
Behavioral health services are available to treat drug and alcohol addiction in Sandusky County and elsewhere in the state of Ohio, including both inpatient and outpatient programs serving within the county itself as well as other leading substance abuse treatment providers in that state.
While Sandusky County’s rate of accidental drug overdose is lower than the Ohio state average, more than a dozen residents are still expected to die from drug and/or alcohol overdoses this year.
Unfortunately, many more will experience financial hardship, physical and mental health issues, damaged relationships, and shortened life spans as a result of substance abuse.
However, help is available through local peer support groups and professional inpatient and outpatient drug and alcohol rehab services, as well as discreet and supportive inpatient rehab programs located outside of Sandusky County like Ohio Recovery Center in Van Wert.
Substance Abuse Resources In Sandusky County, Ohio
The Mental Health and Recovery Services Board of Seneca, Ottawa, Sandusky and Wyandot Counties (MHRSB) promotes addiction prevention, treatment and recovery in a variety of ways.
This includes managing and evaluating area service providers and providing public resources, including:
- crisis hotlines and textlines
- a free and confidential mental health screening tool
- a variety of assessment and audit reports
- prevention resources, including Narcan requests, opioid prevention resources, medication guides, and tips for parents
- directories of providers offering detox/inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, and medication-assisted treatment
- a directory of support groups
- resources for recovery/sober living housing
- a benefits plan to help cover the cost of treatment for low-income residents who qualify
Get Started On The Road To Recovery.
Get Confidential Help 24/7. Call Today!(419) 904-4158
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or your loved ones would benefit from professional inpatient treatment services and evidence-based programming for alcohol and drug abuse, consider Ohio Recovery Center.
Our residential treatment facility is located in Van Wert, just over two hours southwest of Sandusky. Our treatment services include:
- inpatient medical detoxification
- short- and long-term inpatient treatment
- dual diagnosis treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare and case management
Sandusky County Substance Use & Overdose Data
In 2021, Sandusky County officially reported its deadliest year of accidental drug overdoses since 2017, with 22 reported fatalities.
Of these, 20 were attributed to opioid overdoses (particularly fentanyl), with an additional eight of those also linked to psychostimulant abuse (cocaine, methamphetamine, or prescription amphetamines).
The county’s age-adjusted rate of accidental drug overdose from 2015-2020 was 32.1/100,000 individuals, slightly better than Ohio’s average of 37.4/100,000 during the same timeframe.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Options In Sandusky County, Ohio
According to SAMHSA, Sandusky County is currently home to at least five addiction treatment centers. This includes three outpatient providers, an inpatient provider in or around the city of Fremont, and another outpatient provider located in Woodville.
Depending on you and your individual needs, some treatment services and levels of care that may be recommended to you as part of your personal treatment plan include:
Healthcare professionals strongly urge anyone who is considering withdrawing from drugs or alcohol to first enroll in a professional medical detoxification program.
Detox can help you manage your withdrawal symptoms through close medical and emotional support in a secure and comfortable environment before you move on to other drug or alcohol treatment services.
Inpatient Treatment Programs
Inpatient addiction treatment programs can equip you to work through the most severe effects of a substance use disorder, which may also include co-occurring mental health issues.
Patients in an inpatient/residential program will live full-time inside their chosen treatment facility while participating in services like dual diagnosis care, individual and group counseling, behavioral therapy, and alternative treatment interventions.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient programs, intensive outpatient programs, and partial hospitalization programs all allow participants to keep living at home while receiving group or individual behavioral and mental health treatment at scheduled times.
Outpatient drug rehab centers tend to be more common than inpatient centers and the variety of outpatient formats available can meet the needs of many participants, especially those who require a less-intensive treatment regimen.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) programs have been demonstrated to be highly effective in helping people with opioid use disorder or alcohol use disorder maintain a substance-free lifestyle long-term.
These programs are built around the use of FDA-approved medications which are typically dispensed by approved treatment centers in tandem with counseling and/or behavioral therapy.
Payment Options Accepted In Sandusky County, Ohio
While recovery services are a vital community resource, concerns over the cost of treatment still prevent many people from stepping up and getting the help they need.
Fortunately, a variety of payment options are accepted by providers in Sandusky County and financial aid resources are available to help those who qualify.
Some common options you may be able to use to pay for alcohol or drug addiction treatment in Sandusky County include:
- self-payment with cash or check
- Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare (military insurance)
- private health insurance benefits
- payment assistance programs funded at the federal, state, or local level
If you have questions about your insurance benefits and would like to learn more about using them to pay for an alcohol/drug treatment program, please contact Ohio Recovery Center today.
- Data Ohio — State of Ohio Integrated Behavioral Health Dashboard https://data.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/data/view/ohio-ibhd
- Mental Health & Recovery Services Board of Seneca, Ottawa, Sandusky and Wyandot Counties (MHRSB) — WE ARE HERE TO HELP https://mhsosw.org/
- Ohio Department of Health — 2020 Ohio Drug Overdose Data: General Findings https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/wcm/connect/gov/6a94aabe-ea77-4c01-8fd8-2abdd83b4ff8/2020%2BUnintentional%2BDrug%2BOverdose%2BAnnual%2BReport.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE.Z18_K9I401S01H7F40QBNJU3SO1F56-6a94aabe-ea77-4c01-8fd8-2abdd83b4ff8-o2GcAjB