Canal Winchester, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
Residents of Canal Winchester, Ohio, have to look outside the city for addiction treatment. Nearby treatment centers offer services such as medical detox and medication-assisted treatment in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) states there are no drug addiction treatment centers located directly in the city of Canal Winchester, Ohio, which lies in both Franklin and Fairfield counties.
If you are a resident of the city and are seeking a drug or alcohol rehab center for you or a loved one, you can find a variety of drug treatment centers located in nearby cities like Pickerington and Columbus as well as across Ohio.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services Near Canal Winchester, Ohio
Those in Canal Winchester can find a range of treatment options provided by nearby alcohol and drug rehab centers, including:
- medical detox
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
Drug and alcohol treatment programs typically begin with a short-term treatment process known as medical detoxification. This form of substance abuse treatment provides monitoring and supervision from healthcare professionals as you experience withdrawal symptoms.
If you’re seeking a structured environment to have 24/7 access to medications and healthcare professionals, residential treatment may be an option for you. At an inpatient rehab facility, you participate in cognitive behavioral therapy, wellness programs, and group therapy.
If you participate in an outpatient drug or alcohol addiction treatment program, you’re required to visit the treatment facility at designated times during the week. Once at the treatment center, you can take part in rehab programs such as a partial hospitalization program (PHP) or an intensive outpatient program.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is useful for those suffering from opioid use disorder or alcohol use disorder. This type of treatment can only be used for those suffering from either substance use disorder.
At a treatment center, you may receive a referral to optional aftercare recovery services. Example aftercare services include case management, sober living homes, ongoing recovery programs, and peer support groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous.
Paying For Treatment In Canal Winchester, Ohio
For those of you without private health insurance, Ohio provides Medicaid and Medicare. You can determine your eligibility and learn about your available payment options by reaching out to public health departments.
If you have health insurance, contact your insurance provider to determine your in-network and out-of-network coverage policies as well as if addiction treatment is covered by your plan.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Canal Winchester, Ohio
Some of the substance use trends and facts from Columbus and nearby areas include:
- During the first six months of 2022, the Columbus region saw a decrease in the availability of heroin.
- The provisional drug overdose death count for the 12 month-ending period ending in December 2022 was 63 for Fairfield County and 778 for Franklin County.
- There was a 28.9% increase in overdose deaths in Franklin County from November 2019 to November 2020.
- During the first six months of 2022, the Columbus region saw an increase in the availability of fentanyl, opioids, and methamphetamine.
Canal Winchester, Ohio Substance Use Resources
There are several substance use resources to consider in this area, including:
- Franklin County Public Health behavioral health & addiction services
- Project D.A.W.N. (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- support groups and 12-step programs provided by Fairfield County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health (ADAMH)
- Canal Winchester’s Drug Take Back Day
- Franklin County Court of Common Pleas Drug Court
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Franklin County Cares
Ohio Recovery Center
At Ohio Recovery Center, we offer various levels of care including medical detox, behavioral therapy, and wellness support programs. Located just under 2.5 hours away from the city of Canal Winchester, we offer inpatient treatment services for alcohol and drug abuse.
To find out if our alcohol and drug addiction treatment plans work for you or a loved one, please contact us today.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/prov-county-drug-overdose.htm
- Franklin County Cares https://www.franklincocares.org/tiles/index/display?id=273939269997556323
- Franklin County Forensic Science Center https://coroner.franklincountyohio.gov/getattachment/Media/Franklin-County-Overdose-Fatalities-Data-Brief/Franklin-County-Overdose-Fatalities-Data-Brief-%283%29.pdf
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-January-2023.pdf