Wickliffe, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
If you or a loved one reside in Wickliffe, Ohio, and suffer from drug addiction, you’ll have to attend treatment outside the city itself. However, you can find treatment services available in the Cleveland area.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), there are no treatment centers within the city.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services Near Wickliffe, Ohio
Some of the addiction services available to you in Ohio include:
- medical detoxification
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
Those receiving drug treatment may begin their recovery journey with medical detoxification. Through detox, the toxins and harmful chemicals brought on by drug abuse are expelled, helping to cleanse the body.
During this process, healthcare representatives will monitor you as withdrawal symptoms may take place.
If you’re seeking a structured schedule which provides you 24/7 access to a team of healthcare professionals, medications, and therapy options, consider an inpatient drug or alcohol rehab center. As an inpatient, you will have access to countless drug addiction treatment services.
Those suffering from a dual diagnosis such as a mental health disorder or substance use disorder, may find inpatient care beneficial. Inpatient drug and alcohol treatment options use a multidisciplinary approach to address and treat the whole person.
Attending an outpatient treatment facility allows you to receive treatment at various, scheduled times throughout the week. Outpatient rehab programs provide a wide-range of treatments, but you are not required to stay at the rehab facility 24/7 as is the case with inpatient treatment.
There are specific outpatient treatment programs to consider such as the intensive outpatient program (IOP) or the partial hospitalization program (PHP).
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is a form of treatment that combines therapy options with certain medications. MAT can only be used for those with opioid use disorder or alcohol use disorder.
Once you’ve attended a drug and alcohol addiction treatment center, there are aftercare resources within the area in which you can utilize to help maintain sobriety. For instance, those with an alcohol addiction may consider 12-step programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA).
Additionally, there are sober-living homes, family services, and a range of wellness options. Individual therapy or support groups may also be beneficial for those with a drug or alcohol addiction.
Paying For Treatment In Wickliffe, Ohio
If you have health insurance, contact your treatment provider to determine your coverage. Find out which drug rehab centers are considered in-network or out-of-network.
If you do not have insurance, there are other options to consider. For example, the state of Ohio provides public options such as Medicaid or Medicare.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Wickliffe, Ohio
Substance abuse trends associated with Wickliffe and the surrounding area consist of:
- 7 drug overdose deaths occurred in the city of Wickliffe in 2022.
- 79 drug overdose deaths occurred in Lake County in 2022.
- During the first six months of 2022, the Cleveland region saw an increase in the availability fentanyl, marijuana, and methamphetamine,
- During the first six months of 2022, the Cleveland region saw a decrease in the availability of heroin.
- During the first six months of 2022, the Cleveland region saw no change in the availability of powdered or crack cocaine.
Wickliffe, Ohio Substance Use Resources
A variety of substance use resources are available to you in Lake County, including:
- Project D.A.W.N. (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- Lake County General Health District
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Lake County drug abuse resources
- (SAMHSA) behavioral health tool locator
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or a loved one are seeking a treatment center that provides numerous rehab programs, consider Ohio Recovery Center.
Located just a little over 3 hours away, we provide a range of treatment options for you to consider, including evidence-based care, detox, and additional support.
To learn more about our residential treatment plans, please contact us today.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) — Provisional County-Level Drug Overdose Death Counts https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/prov-county-drug-overdose.htm
- Lake County — Death Statistics https://www.lakecountyohio.gov/coroner/overdose-deaths/
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network — June 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf