Heath, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
Although there are no addiction treatment centers located in Heath, Ohio, you can find a variety of rehab options in Newark and Columbus. Additional options, including inpatient care and medical detox, are available at rehab centers like Ohio Recovery Center in Van Wert.
While the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) states there are no drug treatment centers in Heath, Ohio, you can find addiction treatment options within the surrounding area.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services Near Heath, Ohio
- medical detoxification
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
A first-stage process which typically only lasts short-term is known as medical detoxification. This process may take place at a detox center.
Those who have struggled with drug addiction may require this form of healthcare treatment. With detox, your body expels the dangerous toxins and chemicals brought on by drug use. Thus, detox allows your body to heal and prepare you for other treatment options and recovery.
Residential treatment is a form of treatment requiring you to remain on-site 24/7 to receive the care you require. Depending on the severity of the drug abuse, inpatient treatment services allow you access to medical personnel and beneficial medications.
Inpatient options can be extensive, especially for those who have a dual diagnosis. For instance, if you have a substance use disorder and a mental health disorder, your treatment plan may include a multidisciplinary or whole-person approach that addresses both conditions.
As an inpatient, you will participate in therapy options and other activities, learning sobriety techniques along the way.
If you’re seeking a more flexible schedule, consider an outpatient treatment facility. You will continue to have a range of treatment options to consider, as well as follow-up care.
Outpatient treatment consists of visiting the drug or alcohol rehab center at designated times during the week. You will check-in with your doctors and participate in continued therapy.
Substance abuse treatment can also be offered with outpatient treatment programs such as a partial hospitalization program (PHP) or an intensive outpatient program (IOP).
If you suffer from opioid use disorder or alcohol use disorder, medication-assisted-treatment (MAT) is a form of treatment that reduces the risk of relapse and overdose as well as improves treatment outcomes.
By combining certain medications along with cognitive behavioral therapy options, MAT can help those with either of these two substance use disorders.
Drug and alcohol treatment options do not stop once you complete a treatment program. In fact, you can find aftercare resources available to you in nearby areas such as Akron or Granville.
Aftercare support may include family or group therapy as well as a 12-step recovery programs or support groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) or Narcotics Anonymous (NA).
Paying For Treatment In Heath, Ohio
If you have private health insurance, contact the number located on your card and learn more about the coverage provided by your insurance plan. A representative can help you determine if your coverage includes inpatient or outpatient care.
For those without health insurance seeking treatment options, consider public options such as Medicare or Medicaid.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Heath, Ohio
Substance use trends for Licking County and the Columbus region include:
- During the first six months of 2022, the Columbus region saw an increase in the availability of methamphetamine, cocaine, and prescription opioids.
- In 2022, there were 58 total overdose deaths in Licking County.
- 40 of the total overdoses in 2022 for Licking County involved the illicit drug fentanyl.
- During the first six months of 2022, the Columbus region saw a decrease in the availability of heroin.
- During the first six months of 2022, the Columbus region saw no change in the availability of marijuana, sedative-hypnotics, and prescription stimulants.
Heath, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Some of the available substance use resources in your local area include:
- prevention resources provided by the Licking County Health Department such as Drug Take Back Days and the Community Clinical Linkages program
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Project D.A.W.N. (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- SAMHSA’s behavioral health tool locator
- Licking County’s Addiction Recovery Court
Ohio Recovery Center
Located just 2.5 hours away from Heath, Ohio Recovery Center provides various levels of care for those with a drug or alcohol addiction. If you or your loved one are searching for ways to begin your road to recovery, consider our residential treatment center.
To learn about our individualized treatment plans, please contact us today.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Provisional County-Level Drug Overdose Death Counts
- Licking County Health Department Drug Overdose Prevention Programs
- Ohio Mental Health & Addiction Services Drug Trend Reports