Defiance County, Ohio Drug Rehab & Addiction Services
If you have alcohol or drug addiction and live in Defiance County, Ohio, you have treatment centers to consider throughout the county as well as across the state. This includes residential care at Ohio Recovery Center in nearby Van Wert.
A variety of substance abuse treatment centers are located in Defiance County and the surrounding region. There are also supportive addiction resources offered by the Four County Board of Alcohol, Drug Addiction, and Mental Health Services (ADAMHS).
Substance Abuse Resources In Defiance County, Ohio
You can find a wide-range of substance abuse resources provided by Defiance County. In fact, the ADAMHS offers several support groups, both in-person and virtually. Additionally, you can explore a Family and Friends support group or other resources, including guide books.
To assist young children and adolescents with drug awareness, the D.A.R.E program is provided by the county. The Drug Free Coalition of Defiance County offers substance use resources as well, including educational tools.
Defiance County helps focus on preventing overdose deaths with project DAWN as well as improving the health in the community with the Defiance County Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP).
Get Started On The Road To Recovery.
Get Confidential Help 24/7. Call Today!(419) 904-4158
Ohio Recovery Center
At Ohio Recovery Center, we offer numerous addiction treatment services. Depending on your level of care, we may recommend inpatient treatment, medical detox, and other treatment options to assist you on your road to recovery.
Located just 45 minutes from those who reside in Defiance County, our treatment center offers evidence-based care and aftercare support in a comfortable rural setting.
Defiance County Substance Use & Overdose Data
Some of the substance use and overdose statistics collected from Defiance County include:
- The provisional drug overdose death count for the 12 month-ending period ending in June, 2022, for Defiance County is 13 deaths.
- In the fourth quarter of 2022, there were 5 medical runs for drug poisoning and 15 emergency room visits related to drugs.
- 73 drug-related emergency room visits took place in Defiance County in 2022.
- The availability of crack cocaine and fentanyl increased in the Toledo region of the state during the first six months of 2022.
- During the first six months of 2022, the availability of prescription opioids hydrocodone, oxycodone, and tramadol increased.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Options In Defiance County, Ohio
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), there are six addiction treatment facilities across Defiance County. Not only are treatment options offered in the county, but other rehab centers can be found in nearby regions.
Medical detoxification allows your body to rid itself of the dangerous chemicals and toxins in your body caused by substance use. A healthcare professional will monitor you during this process.
Detox may take place short-term and can be the first step in your drug and alcohol treatment.
Inpatient treatment allows you to receive 24/7 care and access to medical professionals and essential medications. Inpatient treatment plans may focus on mental health issues and your overall well-being by providing behavioral therapy, counseling, and peer support.
Additionally, those with a dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorder, such as a mental health disorder and a substance use disorder, may benefit from the structured environment and behavioral health care provided by inpatient care.
Outpatient treatment programs are similar to inpatient care, offering group therapy for adolescents or counseling services such as family counseling. Since outpatient programs only require you to visit the drug addiction treatment center during the week, you have more flexibility.
However, during the time you are not on-site at the rehab center, aftercare considerations for your drug or alcohol addiction may require your participation such as family therapy or group therapy. As an outpatient, you may consider the intensive outpatient program (IOP) program.
If you’re struggling with opioid use disorder or alcohol use disorder, consider medication-assisted treatment (MAT). This form of treatment is available at various drug rehab centers, and this specialized rehab program combines medication with behavioral therapy.
Payment Options Accepted In Defiance County, Ohio
If you do not have health insurance, consider the options provided by the state such as Medicaid or Medicare. You also have additional health insurance options to consider.
For those with private health insurance, reach out to your insurance company to determine if your plan provides alcohol or drug abuse treatment.
To find out if your insurance covers residential addiction treatment, please contact Ohio Recovery Center today.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) — Provisional County-Level Drug Overdose Death Counts https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/prov-county-drug-overdose.htm
- Defiance County Public Health — Epidemiology & Statistics - Overdose https://defiancecohealth.org/epi/#od
- Defiance County Public Health — Annual Reports https://defiancecohealth.org/defiance-county-public-health/
- Ohio Mental Health & Addiction Services — Treatment for Substance Use Disorders https://mha.ohio.gov/research-and-data/dashboards-and-maps/maps/01-treatment-for-substance-use-disorders
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network — June 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf