Bedford, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
If you or a loved one live with substance use disorder in Bedford, Ohio, you’ll find a couple of addiction treatment centers in the city. Additionally, you can access inpatient/outpatient treatment, medication-assisted treatment, medical detox, and more throughout Cuyahoga County.
Located in Cuyahoga County, the City of Bedford offers 2 alcohol and drug treatment centers according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Bedford, Ohio
Alcohol and drug rehab centers in the Cleveland area provide a range of treatment services, including:
- medical detoxification
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
Once you enter a drug or alcohol addiction treatment center, one of the first steps of your recovery process may include medical detoxification.
With detox, the unwanted contaminants and toxins in your body will be released, preparing you for recovery. Healthcare workers will monitor you throughout the process in case withdrawal symptoms develop.
Those seeking individual treatment plans to tackle a substance use disorder head on may consider residential treatment. At an inpatient rehab facility, you will have continued care which can be beneficial for those struggling with a dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorder.
Inpatient drug and alcohol treatment options allow you to stay at the center 24/7, having access to medical professionals, peer support, and holistic or wellness-oriented services.
For a more flexible schedule, you may consider an outpatient treatment facility. As part of an outpatient program, you will take part in therapy and other treatment techniques at various, scheduled times throughout the week.
Outpatient rehab programs include intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) or partial hospitalization programs (PHPs). Those in an addiction treatment program may want to utilize other resources while not at the facility, such as participating in support groups.
Some drug and alcohol rehab centers provide a specialized form of treatment known as MAT (medication-assisted treatment). This form of treatment helps target those suffering from alcohol use disorder or opioid use disorder.
Only these two substance use disorders can be treated using MAT, which combines behavioral health techniques like therapy with FDA-approved medications.
While receiving substance abuse treatment at a rehab center, your treatment staff may make a referral, suggesting your participation in aftercare resources to further your addiction recovery.
Whether you participate in certain forms of therapy, sober living homes, or 12-step programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), aftercare support can help you maintain sobriety.
Paying For Treatment In Bedford, Ohio
Those of you with health insurance can call the phone number on your insurance card to speak with a representative who can help you determine if your policy covers inpatient or outpatient care.
You can also learn more about which treatment centers are in-network or out-of-network for your plan.
If you do not have insurance and require payment assistance, the state of Ohio offers Medicare and Medicaid.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Bedford, Ohio
Facts and drug trends collected from Cuyahoga County and the Cleveland region include:
- 576 provisional overdose deaths took place in Cuyahoga County during a 12-month period ending in June 2022.
- During the first six months of 2022 in the Cleveland region, there was an increase in the availability of fentanyl and methamphetamine.
- The most prescribed benzodiazepine was alprazolam (Xanax) in the Cleveland region during the first six months of 2022.
- The availability of MDMA (ecstasy) increased during the first six months of 2022 in the Cleveland region.
Bedford, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Those who live in Bedford may find the following substance use resources helpful:
- Sobriety Treatment and Recovery Teams
- Cuyahoga Health & Human Services resources
- Project D.A.W.N. (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone) and the Narcan program
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- City of Bedford Drug Drop Off Program
- SAMHSA’s behavioral health tool locator
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or a loved one are struggling with alcohol or drug abuse, consider Ohio Recovery Center. We’re located just under 3 hours away from Bedford.
Our team of trained healthcare professionals focus on wellness and evidence-based care. To learn more about the treatment options we provide, please contact us today.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) — Provisional County-Level Drug Overdose Death Counts https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/prov-county-drug-overdose.htm
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — June 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf