Urbana, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
Those residing in Urbana, Ohio, have access to some drug rehab services in the city itself. Other treatment options, such as medical detox and residential treatment, can be found in other areas of Ohio, including at Ohio Recovery Center.
If you or a loved one reside in Urbana, Ohio, and struggle with drug abuse, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), states there are only two treatment centers available in the city.
While this may seem as if you have few options, there are other rehab centers to consider which are located across the state, including in nearby cities like Springfield as well as major cities such as Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Urbana, Ohio
Many addiction treatment programs in Ohio provide specific forms of treatment such as:
- medical detox
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
With medical detoxification, your body experiences the release of toxins caused by drug use. Depending on the severity of substance abuse, the detox process can create withdrawal symptoms which will be monitored by a treatment team in a detox program.
You can find several drug addiction treatment services at an inpatient treatment facility. 24/7 care is provided in an inpatient setting, allowing you to receive treatment in a structured environment with treatment from healthcare professionals.
Inpatient treatment is extensive, which means those with a dual diagnosis of both a substance use disorder and mental health disorder can benefit from inpatient care. As an inpatient you can participate in specific therapy options as well as specialized programs catered to you.
An outpatient rehab facility offers forms of treatment you can participate in during required weekly visits to the treatment center. As an outpatient at a drug or alcohol rehab, you will simply check-in with a healthcare professional as well as take part in group therapy options.
Those seeking more extensive treatment options provided by outpatient rehab programs can consider intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) or partial hospitalization programs (PHPs).
If you suffer from an alcohol use disorder or an opioid use disorder, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) may be recommended by your doctor or specialist. MAT combines specific medications and cognitive behavioral therapy practices in hopes of helping treat the disorder.
Aftercare resources may be provided by the drug and alcohol addiction treatment center you attend. A variety of therapy options, including individual, group, or family therapy, can be helpful in maintaining sobriety after treatment.
Other aftercare resources include sober-living homes, vocational assistance, alumni activities, and support groups like NA or AA.
Paying For Treatment In Urbana, Ohio
Those with health insurance should contact the phone number on their insurance card. When you speak with your treatment provider, inform them of the drug rehab center you’re considering to determine what type of coverage the insurance provides.
If you do not have health insurance, the state of Ohio offers public options to consider, including Medicaid or Medicare.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Urbana, Ohio
Drug use statistics for Champaign County and the Dayton region include:
- The third leading cause of death in this region is drug overdose.
- The provisional drug overdose death count for the 12 month-ending period ending in September, 2022, for Champaign County was 10.
- During the first six months of 2022, the Dayton region saw an increase in the availability of marijuana, methamphetamine, and heroin.
- During the first six months of 2022, the Dayton region saw no change in the availability of prescription stimulants, prescription opioids, or sedative-hypnotics.
Urbana, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Numerous substance use resources are available to you in this area, including:
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Project D.A.W.N. (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- Urbana Drug Helpline
- SAMHSA’s behavioral health locator
- mental health and substance abuse resources provided by the Champaign Health District
Ohio Recovery Center
If you live in Urbana, consider Ohio Recovery Center. Located only 1.5 hours away, we offer a wide array of treatment services for you to consider. We offer evidence-based care, inpatient services, and aftercare resources.
Contact us today to speak with a representative and learn more about our treatment options.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/prov-county-drug-overdose.htm
- Champaign Health District https://static1.squarespace.com/static/577d3f08414fb575717ce68c/t/642707c89881a805b8adf6e2/1680279498042/CHD+CHA+2022_2.16.23_FINAL.pdf
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf