Vandalia, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
Although there are no alcohol and drug addiction treatment facilities located in Vandalia, residents can find well-rounded treatment services in Dayton, Montgomery County, and across Ohio.
There are no rehab facilities located in Vandalia according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). However, those seeking drug addiction treatment services can find various options located at treatment centers throughout the surrounding areas.
Whether you struggle with prescription drug abuse, illicit drug abuse, or alcohol abuse, you can find numerous addiction treatment programs that provide specific techniques that cater to your needs, including Ohio Recovery Center in Van Wert.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Vandalia, Ohio
There are various rehab services available in this area that may include:
- medical detoxification
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
One of the early steps of a treatment program consists of medical detoxification. Through detox, your body can rid itself of the hazardous and dangerous chemicals in your body brought on by alcohol or drug abuse.
Detox is a short-term drug treatment service. During the process to cleanse your body and begin treatment, you will be monitored in case withdrawal symptoms occur.
If you suffer from a dual diagnosis or require more attention, consider an inpatient drug rehab center. With 24/7 access to healthcare professionals, medication, and multiple therapy options, you can find an individualized plan fit for you and the substance use disorder you live with.
Inpatient care requires you to stay on-site at the drug and alcohol rehab center. This helps you focus and maintain a structured schedule.
For those seeking a more flexible approach to treatment, consider an outpatient treatment facility. If you attend an outpatient rehab center, you will have set times throughout the week in which you must visit the facility.
More rigorous forms of outpatient care include a partial hospitalization program (PHP) or an intensive outpatient program (IOP).
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is a form of treatment used to help those suffering from alcohol use disorder or opioid use disorder. MAT combines medication with behavioral therapy to reduce the risk of overdose and relapse as well as improve treatment outcomes.
To assist with relapse prevention upon completing a rehab program, aftercare addiction recovery services may be planned by the staff at your treatment center. Examples of aftercare services include outpatient counseling, sober-living housing, vocational training, and support groups.
Paying For Treatment In Vandalia, Ohio
If you do not have private health insurance, there are other options to consider such as Medicare and Medicaid. For those with insurance, speak with your healthcare provider or treatment center to determine if your coverage assists with inpatient or outpatient substance abuse treatment.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Vandalia, Ohio
Some of the substance use trends in Vandalia and Montgomery County include:
- 2,092 Narcan (naloxone) overdose-reversal medications were administered in Montgomery County in 2021.
- Montgomery County saw an increase in the availability of powdered and crack cocaine, heroin, and fentanyl during the first six months of 2022.
- 5 overdose deaths took place in the city of Vandalia in 2022.
- 47 overdoses have occurred in Montgomery County as of February 2023.
- There were 337 overdose deaths in 2021 and 319 in 2022 in Montgomery County.
Vandalia, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Substance use resources for those who reside in Vandalia include:
- Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County
- Community Overdose Action Team
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- SAMHSA’s behavioral health locator tool
- Project DAWN (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or a loved one are seeking treatment options for substance abuse, consider Ohio Recovery Center. Located just over one hour away from Vandalia, our rehab center provides individualized treatment services in an inpatient setting.
To learn more about how we help individuals and families, please contact us today.
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — Surveillance of Drug Abuse Trends in the State of Ohio June 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf
- Public Health Dayton and Montgomery County — 2021 Annual Report https://www.phdmc.org/agency/agency/reports/annual-report/2499-2021-annual-report/file
- Public Health Dayton and Montgomery County — Community Overdose Action Team - Public Health - Dayton & Montgomery County https://www.phdmc.org/programs-a-to-z/community-overdose-action-team