Drug Rehab & Addiction Services In Trumbull County, Ohio
Adults and adolescents in Trumbull County can access a wide-range of addiction treatment and behavioral health resources in their local area. Otherwise, residents can reach out to other Ohio treatment providers, including Ohio Recovery Center in Van Wert.
In 2022, Dr. Katherine Keyes, an epidemiologist from Columbia University, testified in federal court that her estimates placed the number of those currently suffering from opioid use disorder in Trumbull County at nearly 7,600.
The plaintiffs in the case were Trumbull and Lake County, and the defendants were CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart.
In a November ruling, a jury found that the massive pharmacy chains were responsible for recklessly distributing excessive numbers of pain pills that contributed to a massive surge in opioid addiction and hundreds of overdose deaths over the past dozen years.
It is this challenge, along with other examples of substance abuse, addiction, and overdose, that has prompted Trumbull County to recently expand access to addiction treatment resources overseen by the Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board.
Residents struggling with drug abuse and addiction may also choose to seek treatment outside Trumbull County, including treatment services provided by Ohio Recovery Center.
Substance Abuse Resources In Trumbull County, Ohio
The Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board offers a number of different resources for those living with drug and alcohol addiction, including:
- informational resources on substance abuse
- a directory of local drug and alcohol rehab providers
- a directory for prescription drug disposal locations
- a directory of licensed pharmacies dispensing naloxone (the opioid rescue medication) without a prescription
- a 988 suicide and crisis lifeline service (call, text, or webchat)
- other mental health and drug/alcohol contact lines, including the 211 help hotline
Trumbull County also refers residents to the SAMHSA helpline and online behavioral health treatment locator, both of which are open to help Trumbull County residents locate and connect with substance abuse treatment in their local communities or elsewhere in Ohio.
Ohio Recovery Center
Located in Van Wert less than four hours west of the county seat at Warren, Ohio Recovery Center is a leading inpatient/residential treatment facility offering expert care and support for all forms of substance abuse and addiction recovery.
Our specialties include:
- inpatient medical detoxification
- short- and long-term inpatient treatment
- dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare support
Trumbull County Substance Use & Overdose Data
In 2020 alone, Trumbull County reported a record-setting 126 overdose deaths, giving the county an age-adjusted rate of 77.5 per 100,000 unintentional drug overdose deaths.
This rate is significantly worse than Ohio’s average during the same period, which was 45.6 per 100,000, placing Trumbull County as the 4th worst of all Ohio counties for overdose death rate.
Fentanyl, Alcohol, & Stimulants
While opioids/opiates, particularly fentanyl, are currently the deadliest substances of abuse in Trumbull County in terms of fatal overdoses, many residents also struggle with chronic alcohol abuse, stimulant abuse, and other forms of drug addiction.
All drugs of abuse can increase the risk of accidental death, chronic health issues, increased medical expenses, and reduced longevity.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Options In Trumbull County, Ohio
Addiction treatment programs in Ohio offer a wide variety of personalized services, including:
Inpatient & Outpatient Medical Detox
This service, available in both inpatient and outpatient formats depending on your location, provides medical supervision, guidance, and other support to help you work through the uncomfortable and sometimes harrowing process of drug or alcohol withdrawal.
While detox doesn’t treat addiction directly, it is an important first step that helps prepare you for other treatment elements.
For those facing serious addiction issues, including severe cravings, past relapse, and co-occurring mental health conditions or mental illness, inpatient treatment can offer a focused and secure environment for recovery.
Whether you participate in a regular outpatient treatment program, an intensive outpatient treatment program (IOP), or a full-time partial hospitalization/day treatment program (PHP), you’ll find outpatient programs work hard to fit into the lives of their participants.
Outpatient rehab programs are a flexible and sustainable treatment option for mild to moderate substance use disorders.
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Naltrexone, buprenorphine, and methadone all come highly recommended by medical professionals.
These MAT medications, and others, are offered by certain treatment centers in combination with counseling or behavioral therapy to help support your recovery from opioid or alcohol addiction.
Payment Options Accepted In Turnbull County, Ohio
The cost of treatment and financial worries often prevent or delay people from seeking out treatment. Fortunately, many providers work to make their services as accessible as possible.
Payment types that may be accepted by treatment providers in your local area include:
- your private health insurance benefits
- Medicare/Medicaid/military insurance benefits
- other federal or state funding programs
- cash or self-payment options
If you aren’t sure about your insurance coverage, contact Ohio Recovery Center today to verify your benefits and learn more about our accredited inpatient treatment programs.
- U.S. News & World Report — Judge to Decide How Much Pharmacies Owe Over Opioid Crisis https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2022-05-10/judge-to-decide-abatement-amounts-in-opioid-pharmacy-case
- Ohio Department of Health — 2020 Ohio Drug Overdose Data: General Findings https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/wcm/connect/gov/6a94aabe-ea77-4c01-8fd8-2abdd83b4ff8/2020%2BUnintentional%2BDrug%2BOverdose%2BAnnual%2BReport.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE.Z18_K9I401S01H7F40QBNJU3SO1F56-6a94aabe-ea77-4c01-8fd8-2abdd83b4ff8-o2GcAjB