Sylvania, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
Sylvania, Ohio, residents have access to more than 25 different rehab centers in the area. The community also offers a number of resources like helplines and support groups to make addiction recovery more accessible.
Sylvania is home to 27 rehab centers within a 25-mile radius across the Toledo area.
While the city has seen its fair share of substance abuse issues and overdose deaths, the number of treatment facilities along with a variety of community resources make this an ideal place to recover from alcohol or drug abuse.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Sylvania, Ohio
Of the 27 alcohol and drug rehab facilities in and around Sylvania, most offer a variety of addiction treatment programs and levels of care. Some of the treatment services you’ll find at treatment centers in Sylvania include:
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- dual-diagnosis treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders
It may be recommended that you detox in a medically-supervised environment either with your healthcare provider or at a detox center. Because of the withdrawal symptoms that can occur after a period of heavy drug or alcohol use, medical supervision may be necessary.
Treatment providers can prescribe medication to ensure you’re as stable and comfortable as possible. Detox programs can help reduce the risk relapse while preparing you for treatment.
With inpatient treatment, you stay at a rehab facility 24/7 and are under almost constant monitoring. While there, you participate in individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy. You’ll also learn strategies for relapse prevention.
This type of treatment is usually for those with severe substance use disorders and can last anywhere from 30-90 days or more.
With outpatient care, you go to treatment sessions a few times a week and then go home after. During outpatient rehab, you experience individual behavioral therapy, group therapy, support groups, and group activities.
Two of the major types of outpatient treatment include:
- intensive outpatient programs (IOPs): about 9-10 hours per week and for those with mild to moderate addiction issues
- partial hospitalization programs (PHPs): about 25-35 hours per week and for those with more severe addictions
If you’re living with opioid or alcohol addiction, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) will most likely be recommended to you.
During MAT, you will be prescribed medications like methadone, buprenorphine, or disulfiram that are approved to specifically treat alcohol and opioid drug addiction. They help ease cravings and withdrawal symptoms and can heal some of the damage done to the brain by drug abuse.
Dual-diagnosis treatment is for anyone living with addiction on top of another mental health disorder like depression or anxiety.
With dual-diagnosis treatment, medical and mental health professionals ensure that both issues are treated at the same time so that one disorder doesn’t negatively affect the treatment progress of the other.
Paying For Addiction Treatment In Sylvania, Ohio
Wondering how you’re going to pay for treatment can be stressful, but if you have private health insurance or Medicaid/Medicare, you don’t have to worry too much. Both cover some of the cost of addiction treatment.
If you’re uninsured, other payment options include sliding-scale fee programs, state-financed rehab centers, and payment plans based on income.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Sylvania, Ohio
Opioid overdose-related trends in Sylvania and Lucas County include:
- In Lucas County, there were 227 opioid-related deaths in 2018 compared to 157 in 2017.
- Almost 90% of all overdose deaths in Lucas County in 2020 were caused by fentanyl.
- The number of opioid-related overdose deaths that are tracked by the Lucas County Coroner’s Office (they cover 21 different counties in Ohio and Michigan) has increased from 8 in 2010 to 556 in 2020.
- The Lucas County Coroner Toxicology Laboratory reported 296 fatal opioid-related drug overdoses in 2020, a 12% increase from 2019.
Local Sylvania, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Beyond the alcohol and drug rehab centers and treatment services we’ve discussed above, there are community resources available in Sylvania and Lucas County, including:
- Crisis CARE Line
- Alcoholics Anonymous support group meetings
- NAMI Lucas County
- Narcotics Anonymous support group meetings
- Ohio Careline
Ohio Recovery Center
Ohio Recovery Center is located in Van Wert, Ohio, which is about 100 miles from Sylvania. If you or a loved one are dealing with drug abuse and seeking treatment in Ohio, we’re here for you.
Our clinicians can help you find a treatment plan that fits your needs. Your plan may include any of the various addiction treatment options we offer, including detox, inpatient drug rehab, medication-assisted treatment, and aftercare support.
To learn more, please call our helpline today.
- Lucas County Health Department — 2021 Annual Report https://lucascountyhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/13871.FNL-Annual-Report-2021-Web.pdf
- Lucas County Health Department — Lucas County Opiate Coalition Community Toolkit https://www.lucascountyhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Opiate-coalition-toolkit-2019-1.pdf
- WTOL 11 — Fentanyl cuts a deadly swath as overdose deaths spike in Lucas County and around the country https://www.wtol.com/article/news/health/fentanyl-overdose-deaths-rise-in-opioid-epidemic/512-50091a94-1b8a-4898-9a62-4910211e9151