South Euclid, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
Residents of South Euclid, Ohio, have access to addiction treatment facilities due to their proximity to Cleveland and its surrounding suburbs. Residents may also seek out rehab facilities operating elsewhere in the state, including Ohio Recovery Center in Van Wert.
As an inner residential suburb of Cleveland, the community of South Euclid faces the harsh reality of drug abuse, addiction, and overdose on a daily basis.
Fortunately, South Euclid residents also have access to a variety of addiction treatment providers, including both inpatient and outpatient rehab centers, scattered throughout the greater Cleveland region.
Drug & Alcohol Treatment Programs In South Euclid, Ohio
There are several outpatient drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs located in close proximity to South Euclid. Alternatively, residents can access dozens of inpatient and outpatient providers throughout the Cleveland metro region.
These include treatment options such as:
- medical detoxification programs
- regular and intensive outpatient treatment
- short-term and long-term inpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment options
- dual diagnosis treatment
- aftercare support
The first step in recovering from drug or alcohol addiction is to end your substance use. But discontinuation can generate withdrawal symptoms that, depending on your situation, may vary from mild to severe and even life-threatening.
This is why chemical dependency should be first addressed through a professional medical detox program in which your condition will be closely monitored, and your progress assisted through counseling, peer support, creature comforts, and medications as needed.
Outpatient treatment can take different forms, ranging from regular outpatient counseling programs to intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) and partial-hospitalization programs (PHPs), all of which are close to South Euclid.
Outpatient options for medication-assisted treatment and treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders are also readily available.
Inpatient drug and alcohol rehab programs can provide you with a focused and highly supportive living environment away from your normal home setting as you work through an intensive course of treatment over a period of several weeks.
Inpatient treatment makes heavy use of individual and group counseling, behavioral therapy, medication-assisted treatment, dual diagnosis treatment, peer support, and other interventions.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
If mental health issues interfere with your progress in alcohol or drug treatment, you may be a good candidate for dual diagnosis treatment.
This specialized treatment approach aims to address both substance use disorder and other secondary mental health conditions simultaneously through combinations of behavioral therapy, counseling, and medication.
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) programs feature a combination of counseling, behavioral therapy, and medications like methadone, buprenorphine, and naltrexone. MAT is highly effective in supporting long-term recovery from opioid or alcohol use disorder.
Completing inpatient or outpatient treatment doesn’t mean your substance use disorder is resolved.
Recovery is a life-long journey and one that many drug rehab centers will continue to support through aftercare programs and resources like sober living housing, peer support groups, case management programs, employment counseling, family services, and more.
Paying For Addiction Recovery Services In South Euclid, Ohio
Substance abuse treatment programs around Cleveland and elsewhere in Ohio accept payment in a number of forms, including low-cost or no-cost treatment options for those under financial duress.
The most common payment options accepted in Ohio include:
- personal health insurance benefits (including government marketplace insurance policies and health insurance provided by employers)
- Medicare and Medicaid benefits
- financial aid and payment assistance programs
Contact your local treatment centers or the ADAMHS Board of Cuyahoga County treatment referral helpline for assistance.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Cuyahoga County
Cuyahoga County reported at least 715 overdose deaths in 2021, the highest number of annual overdoses the county experienced since 727 deaths were reported in 2017.
In 2020, the age-adjusted rate of unintentional drug overdose deaths in the county was 39.8/100,000, just below Ohio’s average of 45.6/100,000 during the same period.
Drug & Alcohol Addiction Resources In South Euclid, Ohio
If you or a loved one struggle with substance abuse or addiction in South Euclid, there are several services that can help you understand and connect with treatment options in your local area:
- the 24-hour Suicide Prevention, Mental Health/Addiction Crisis, Information and Referral Hotline hosted by the ADAMHS Board of Cuyahoga County
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) national helpline
- The SAMHSA online behavioral health treatment services locator
Ohio Recovery Center
We’re a professional inpatient addiction treatment center proudly serving residents from all areas of Ohio. Located in Van Wert, Ohio, around three hours west of South Euclid, we offer compassionate care for substance use disorder, including:
- inpatient drug and alcohol detox
- inpatient rehabilitation
- dual diagnosis care
- aftercare support
To learn more, please contact our team today.
- News Herald — Cuyahoga County sees more than 700 overdose deaths in 2021 https://www.news-herald.com/2022/01/14/cuyahoga-county-sees-more-than-700-overdose-deaths-for-second-time/
- Ohio Department of Health — 2020 Ohio Drug Overdose Data: General Findings https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/wcm/connect/gov/6a94aabe-ea77-4c01-8fd8-2abdd83b4ff8/2020%2BUnintentional%2BDrug%2BOverdose%2BAnnual%2BReport.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE.Z18_K9I401S01H7F40QBNJU3SO1F56-6a94aabe-ea77-4c01-8fd8-2abdd83b4ff8-o2GcAjB