Ross County, Ohio Drug Rehab & Addiction Services
Residents of Ross County can access substance use disorder treatment at eight licensed and accredited addiction treatment centers located in or near the city of Chillicothe. For residential detox and addiction treatment services, you can also consider Ohio Recovery Center in Van Wert.
Since 2017, the annual number of fatal drug overdoses in Ross County (located south of Columbus) has nearly doubled, a tragic reminder of the significant public health challenge presented by alcohol and drug abuse in Ohio.
Depending on your needs and preferences, this may include the professional inpatient drug and alcohol detoxification and rehabilitation services offered by Ohio Recovery Center.
Substance Abuse Resources In Ross County, Ohio
Since 1967, the Paint Valley ADAMH Board has served the behavioral and mental health needs of Ohio residents in Fayette, Highland, Pickaway, Pike and Ross Counties by planning, funding, expanding, and coordinating drug and alcohol addiction treatment services in this region.
Specific resources provided by the Paint Valley ADAMH Board include:
- a Ross County crisis hotline phone number and listings for other crisis hotlines and helplines
- a directory of contracted providers in the region
- a directory of community partners in the region
- a benefit plan covering some or all of the cost of treatment for low-income residents who qualify
National resources (including the SAMHSA helpline and behavioral health treatment locator) are also available to help residents quickly find drug/alcohol rehab programs in different areas of Ohio as well as the payment options they accept.
Get Started On The Road To Recovery.
Get Confidential Help 24/7. Call Today!(419) 904-4158
Ohio Recovery Center
Based in Van Wert, around two hours and forty minutes northwest of Chillicothe, Ohio Recovery Center is a fully licensed and accredited professional drug and alcohol treatment facility offering evidence-based inpatient rehabilitation services. Our services include:
- inpatient medical detoxification
- short- and long-term inpatient treatment
- dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring disorders
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare and case management
If you or your loved ones enroll, you will see how our staff works every day to help participants in our programs move past the despair of addiction and build purposeful lives with confidence, self-respect, and happiness.
Ross County Substance Use & Overdose Data
According to official figures, 55 residents of Ross County died from accidental drug overdoses in 2020, followed by 56 in 2021.
Given the county’s relatively small population, this translates to an age-adjusted rate of accidental drug overdose of around 74.4/100,000 residents, the 10th worst rate recorded for all counties of Ohio in 2020.
In 2021, 48 of the recorded 56 deaths were attributed to opioid overdose, primarily synthetic opioids and fentanyl in particular. However, 35 of these opioid-related deaths also involved stimulant abuse using cocaine, methamphetamine, or prescription drugs (“speedball” overdoses).
Other drug combos, including those involving alcohol, were also recorded.
Substance Abuse Treatment Options In Ross County, Ohio
Addiction is a hazardous, harmful, but treatable behavioral health disorder with a wide variety of treatment options and formats available. These include services offered by at least seven outpatient providers and one inpatient/outpatient provider in or near Chillicothe.
Services included in your personalized treatment plan may include:
Drug and alcohol withdrawal symptoms can be challenging, dangerous, or even life-threatening. Fortunately, medical detoxification programs are available to help you overcome chemical dependency safely with the help of attentive medical professionals in a secure environment.
Inpatient Treatment Programs
If you struggle with severe, unmanageable substance abuse, have relapsed, or struggle with a co-occurring mental health disorder, then inpatient treatment at a residential drug rehab center may be right for you.
During your treatment program you should expect to work closely with providers while participating in a regimented daily schedule that may feature individual and group therapy, behavioral therapy, dual diagnosis care, and other interventions.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Depending on where you live, you may be able to access local outpatient care including regular outpatient services, part-time intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), and full-time partial hospitalization programs (PHPs).
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
While MAT programs are only suitable for addressing opioid and alcohol use disorders, medications like methadone, buprenorphine, and naltrexone have demonstrated to be an effective treatment aid when combined with counseling and/or behavioral therapy.
Payment Options Accepted In Ross County, Ohio
Different treatment providers in Ross County will offer a variety of options you may be able to use to pay for your treatment services, including:
- Tricare (military insurance)
- private health insurance benefits
- cash or self-payment
- sliding-scale (income-based) arrangements
- state or county payment assistance programs
If you would like help verifying your insurance benefits, please contact Ohio Recovery Center today.
- Data Ohio — State of Ohio Integrated Behavioral Health Dashboard https://data.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/data/view/ohio-ibhd
- Ohio Department of Health — 2020 Ohio Drug Overdose Data: General Findings https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/wcm/connect/gov/6a94aabe-ea77-4c01-8fd8-2abdd83b4ff8/2020%2BUnintentional%2BDrug%2BOverdose%2BAnnual%2BReport.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE.Z18_K9I401S01H7F40QBNJU3SO1F56-6a94aabe-ea77-4c01-8fd8-2abdd83b4ff8-o2GcAjB
- Paint Valley Alcohol Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board (Paint Valley ADAMH) — Your Mental Health & Addiction Authority https://pvadamh.org/