The Best Drug Rehab Programs In Portsmouth, Ohio
Portsmouth has one of the highest rates of drug overdose deaths in Ohio. Thankfully, the city offers almost 20 drug and alcohol rehab programs and also provides several community resources to help support residents and their families.
The city also offers a number of community resources like helplines to ensure everyone struggling with a substance use disorder can find the specific type of treatment they need.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Portsmouth, Ohio
Of the 17 drug rehab facilities in and around Portsmouth, most provide various treatment services. Some of the services and addiction treatment programs offered in this area include:
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
Detox programs involve care for withdrawal symptoms in a medically supervised environment. Healthcare professionals are necessary for this process because cravings and withdrawal symptoms can lead to an increased risk of relapse and life-threatening overdose.
To ensure you’re as stable and comfortable as possible, medical professionals can prescribe medication and help prepare you for drug or alcohol rehab.
With inpatient or residential treatment, you stay in a treatment facility for the entirety of your rehab program and don’t go home until treatment is finished.
While there, you participate in individual therapy, group therapy, addiction education, and recreational activities. How long you’re in rehab depends on the recovery program you choose but treatment typically lasts between 30-90 days.
With outpatient care, you go to a rehab center each day for treatment sessions and then can go home at night. There are two main types of outpatient services: intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) and partial hospitalization programs (PHPs).
Both outpatient treatment options include services such as behavioral therapy, peer support groups, case management, and mental health counseling.
For anyone struggling with alcohol or opioid use disorder, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is often the recommended treatment. This type of treatment involves medication like methadone, naltrexone, and buprenorphine, which are FDA-approved to treat these two disorders.
The medication can ease cravings, lessen withdrawal symptoms, and reduce the risk of further alcohol or drug abuse. On top of medication, MAT also involves therapy so both the body and the mind are treated together.
Paying For Addiction Treatment In Portsmouth, Ohio
Paying for alcohol or drug addiction treatment may be easier than you think. Private health insurance and Medicare/Medicaid both cover some of the cost of treatment. However, if you’re uninsured or underinsured, other payment options include:
- federal military insurance (TRICARE)
- cash or self-payment
- state-financed health insurance plan other than Medicaid
- sliding fee scale based on income
- payment plans
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Portsmouth, Ohio
Portsmouth and Scioto County have seen their fair share of drug and alcohol addiction issues and overdose deaths over the years, especially since the opioid epidemic began. These trends and facts be show how hard-hit the Scioto County has been in the past five years:
- Data for 2018 indicates that Scioto County had a fatal overdose rate of 67.3 per 100,000, which was the highest in the state.
- Data released by the Attorney General’s office shows Scioto County leading the state in overdose deaths in 2020. In the second quarter of 2020, 35.22 deaths per 100,000 people were reported.
- Scioto County had the highest unintentional drug overdose death rate in 2021 at 83.4 deaths per 100,000 population. It was followed by Montgomery County and Gallia County with 65.1 and 62.6 deaths per 100,000 population, respectively.
Local Portsmouth, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Portsmouth and Scioto counties offer a few community resources to help those looking for treatment centers, support group meetings, and aftercare options, including:
Ohio Recovery Center
Ohio Recovery Center is in Van Wert, which is about 220 miles away from Portsmouth.
If you or a loved one are struggling with substance abuse and looking for treatment in Ohio, our treatment providers at Ohio Recovery Center are ready to help you build a treatment plan that fits your exact needs.
To learn about our inpatient addiction treatment options, please contact our hotline today.
- Harm Reduction Ohio — Ohio counties with the highest overdose death rates so far in 2022 https://www.harmreductionohio.org/ohio-counties-with-the-highest-overdose-death-rates-so-far-in-2022/
- Ohio Department Of Health — Preliminary Data Summary: Ohio Unintentional Drug Overdose Deaths https://ohiodnr.gov/wps/wcm/connect/gov/95a9d007-3641-40b1-af1c-e0617ecf924c/Ohio+Monthly+Overdose+Report_Preliminary+Data_April2022.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE.Z18_K9I401S01H7F40QBNJU3SO1F56-95a9d007-3641-40b1-af1c-e0617ecf924c-o3jugKP#:~:text=population.&text=Scioto%20County%20had%20the%20highest,per%20100%2C000%20population%2C%20respectively).
- Rural Responses to the Opioid Epidemic — Portsmouth City Health Department https://rural.cossapresources.org/Sites/PortsmouthCity#:~:text=An%20average%20of%2055%20people,overdose%20response%20team%20(ORT).
- WSAZ3 — Scioto County opioid death rates the highest in Ohio https://www.wsaz.com/2021/01/13/scioto-county-opioid-death-rates-the-highest-in-ohio/