Drug Rehab Programs In Oxford, Ohio
If you live in the city of Oxford, Ohio, and are in search of drug and alcohol treatment services, you’ll find medical detox, inpatient/outpatient care, medication-assisted treatment, and more throughout the Cincinnati region and across Ohio.
There are numerous substance abuse treatment resources in Oxford and Butler County. For those with loved ones participating in alcohol or drug abuse, individualized rehab programs can help pave the way for addiction recovery.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Oxford, Ohio
The treatment services to consider in this area include:
- medical detox
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
One of the first forms of drug or alcohol treatment consists of medical detox. The detoxification process is necessary to help your body rid itself of unwanted chemicals and toxins.
While this process can be short-term, it may last longer depending on the severity of the substance use. This type of treatment may require healthcare professionals to assist you throughout the process, monitoring any withdrawal symptoms which can take place.
Depending on your preference and recommendations by your primary healthcare doctor, inpatient or outpatient care may be necessary. For those who choose inpatient or residential treatment, you will have access to numerous treatment options.
In fact, at an inpatient addiction treatment facility, you can have access to medical professionals, medications, and behavioral health services. Inpatient care provides a more rigid and structured schedule compared to outpatient services.
With outpatient treatment, you will find certain levels of care can be useful for recovery. For instance, outpatient treatment allows you to visit a drug and alcohol rehab center several times throughout the week to receive counseling and updates regarding your recovery efforts.
Additionally, outpatient programs such as partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) and intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) provide a higher level of care to those requiring drug or alcohol addiction treatment.
Sometimes a necessary form of treatment is medication-assisted treatment (MAT). MAT is offered at certain drug rehab centers and combines approved prescription drugs like methadone or buprenorphine with behavioral therapy and peer support groups.
MAT is only available for those living with opioid use disorder or alcohol use disorder.
To help maintain sobriety, aftercare resources may be provided by the treatment center. Those who live in Oxford or surrounding areas such as Hamilton or Fairfield can find aftercare recovery services like support groups, case management, and sober living.
Paying For Treatment In Oxford, Ohio
Those seeking drug addiction treatment should consult with their treatment provider to determine if their health insurance covers inpatient or outpatient care. Contact the phone number on your insurance card to speak with a representative, or contact a treatment center directly.
If you do not have private insurance or public insurance like Medicaid or Medicare, other payment options like a sliding-scale fee based on income may be available.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Oxford, Ohio
There are various substance use trends for the city of Oxford as well as Butler County and the Cincinnati region of Ohio. Some of recent trends include:
- The Cincinnati region accounted for 29% of powdered cocaine of the 402 lbs seized by drug task forces in Ohio in 2022.
- 45 people were indicted on drug trafficking charges from the Cincinnati region in 2022.
- For 2022, crack cocaine was labeled “high” for easy accessibility.
- Butler County residents are more likely to die from an unintentional drug overdose than a motor vehicle accident.
- In 2021, four of five overdoses contained fentanyl.
Oxford, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Some of the addiction treatment resources available to you in this area include:
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Butler County Health Department
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network
- the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) behavioral health tool locator
- Project DAWN (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
Ohio Recovery Center
If you live in Ohio, please consider addiction treatment options at Ohio Recovery Center. At our treatment center, we offer a wide range of resources to assist you on your road to recovery.
Ohio Recovery Center is located just 2 hours away from Oxford in Van Wert. We offer inpatient care that includes treatment services such as medical detox, medication-assisted treatment, individual and group therapy, and aftercare planning and support.
To learn more about our treatment program, please contact us today.
- Butler County Health Dept — Butler County Opioid Epidemic https://insight-editor.livestories.com/s/v2/butler-county-ohio/9ef5b83d-eb5e-43c6-a11c-2daffff355ec
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — June 22 report https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — Maps https://mha.ohio.gov/research-and-data/dashboards-and-maps/maps/maps
- OxfordObserver — Drug Overdose Rates Continue to Climb in Oxford https://oxfordobserver.org/7252/community/drug-overdose-rates-continue-to-climb-in-oxford/