Drug & Alcohol Rehab Programs In Norwood, OH
Although Norwood, Ohio, doesn’t offer addiction treatment services in the city itself, there are a variety of recovery options located throughout the Cincinnati region.
The city of Norwood may not offer drug and alcohol addiction treatment facilities according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), but the surrounding Cincinnati area provides a wide range of treatment options.
In fact, Norwood residents can access diverse rehab options and resources throughout Hamilton County.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services Near Norwood, Ohio
Rehab programs available in the Cincinnati area provide addiction services that include:
- medical detox support
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
Many substance abuse treatment programs begin with detoxification. Through the detox process, your body will rid itself of the harmful chemicals and toxins from drug abuse.
During this short-term process, medical professionals will monitor you if any withdrawal symptoms take place. Depending on the type of drug treatment you require, detox may be uncomfortable, but healthcare workers will help stabilize and prepare you for rehab.
Those selecting an inpatient drug rehab center will be required to stay at the treatment center and participate in various addiction treatment programs. Residential treatment offers several levels of care depending on your diagnosis.
Those suffering from mental illness as well as those participating in drug use may require extra treatment if they have a dual diagnosis. As an inpatient, you will have 24/7 access to medication, therapy options, and healthcare workers to address both conditions at once.
If you’re in search of a more relaxed schedule, outpatient treatment may prove to be beneficial. As an outpatient, you will be required to visit the drug and alcohol rehab center at certain times throughout the week.
Some of the outpatient services offered include a partial hospitalization program (PHP) and intensive outpatient program (IOP).
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) can be helpful for those suffering from an alcohol use disorder or an opioid use disorder. With MAT, medication is used in combination with behavioral therapy to assist those living with these serious substance use disorders.
Not only can drug addiction treatment centers offer assistance on-site, they also provide aftercare resources to help once you’ve completed a rehab program. Those who would like to continue seeking confidential help may find options such as online therapy or individualized therapy.
Depending on your situation, group therapy can be helpful, as can participating in other addiction recovery programs such as Narcotics Anonymous (NA) or Alcoholics Anonymous (AA).
Paying For Treatment In Norwood, Ohio
Before you enter a drug and alcohol treatment center, those with private health insurance should contact their provider to determine if inpatient and outpatient treatment programs are listed under their coverage. Contact the phone number on your insurance card to verify your coverage with a representative.
If you do not have health insurance, there are other payment options to consider such as Medicaid, Medicare, or payment assistance plans.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Norwood, Ohio
Substance use trends from the Cincinnati region include:
- The availability of powdered cocaine increased in the first six months of 2022.
- The availability of heroin showed a decrease during the first six months of 2022.
- The availability of methamphetamine and fentanyl was high and increased during the first six months of 2022.
- There were 32 overdoses in Hamilton County from January 30, 2023 to February 5, 2023.
- There were 288 overdose deaths in Hamilton County in 2022.
Norwood, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Substance use resources offered in this area include:
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- (SAMHSA) behavioral health tool locator
- Hamilton County Public Health
- Hamilton County drug disposal boxes
- Project DAWN (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- the Hamilton County Probate Court’s involuntary treatment for drug abuse
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or a loved one are ready to begin your road to recovery, reach out to Ohio Recovery Center. Our treatment center provides evidence-based care, including medical detox and medication-assisted treatment, to help treat your individual needs.
We’re located just over 2 hours away from Norwood. Contact us today to learn more about your treatment options.
- Hamilton County Public Health — Weekly Overdose Report https://analytics.hcph.org/views/DailyOverdoseReport/DailyGraph?%3Adisplay_count=n&%3Aembed=y&%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aorigin=viz_share_link&%3AshowAppBanner=false&%3AshowVizHome=n
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — Surveillance of Drug Abuse Trends in the State of Ohio June 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf