Mount Vernon, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
Substance abuse treatment centers in Mount Vernon, Ohio, offer residents a few options for local care. Treatment services in this area include medical detoxification, mental health services for co-occurring disorders, and outpatient individual and group therapy.
Located in Knox County, the city of Mount Vernon is home to five treatment facilities according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Mount Vernon, Ohio
Some of the available alcohol and drug addiction treatment options in the Mount Vernon area include:
- medical detoxification
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
Participating in alcohol or drug abuse can cause the substance to build up unwanted chemicals and toxins within the body. Because of this, medical detoxification is one of the first steps in the treatment process.
While detox occurs, a healthcare professional will monitor you and be aware of any withdrawal symptoms which may occur. Detox is a short-term drug treatment service which helps cleanse the body and prepare the mind for treatment.
For those seeking a rigid and structured environment at a drug or alcohol rehab center, consider residential treatment. At an inpatient rehab facility, you will be required to stay at the treatment center.
During this time, you will participate in therapy sessions, receive any medications you may need, and have 24/7 care. Those who suffer from both a substance use disorder and a mental health disorder and have a dual diagnosis may benefit from inpatient care.
At an outpatient treatment facility, you may have the option to participate in outpatient treatment programs such as an intensive outpatient program (IOP) or a partial hospitalization program (PHP).
Those who attend an outpatient rehab center will be required to visit the facility several times throughout the week. Outpatient services take place in a relaxed setting, yet provide structured therapy groups and other aftercare efforts for you to implement during recovery.
Some drug rehab centers provide medication-assisted treatment (MAT). This type of treatment combines medication with behavioral therapy to better treat a substance use disorder.
MAT is used for those who suffer from either an alcohol use disorder or an opioid use disorder.
Addiction recovery services may be available to you. If you have completed a rehab program, aftercare services may be coordinated by your treatment team.
Aftercare may include local support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA), family therapy, sober-living housing, and case management.
Paying For Treatment In Mount Vernon, Ohio
Those searching for payment assistance may utilize Medicare and Medicaid. The state of Ohio may also offer payment options that are based on income or a sliding-fee scale.
If you have private health insurance, reach out to your healthcare provider to determine your type of coverage. Verify you are covered for inpatient and outpatient treatment options by contacting rehab centers directly.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Mount Vernon, Ohio
Mount Vernon and the Columbus region have seen the following substance use trends and facts:
- Young adults ages 15-34 are more likely to experience heroin, fentanyl, or prescription opioid overdoses than other age groups.
- Alcohol, drug, and opiate abuse were among the five most important health issues of the community in 2022.
- During the first six months of 2022, the Columbus region of Ohio saw an increase in the availability of powdered cocaine, crack cocaine, and fentanyl.
- During the first six months of 2022, the Columbus region of Ohio saw a decrease in the availability of heroin.
- Percocet was the most commonly prescribed opioid during the first six months of 2022.
Mount Vernon, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Local substance abuse resources available to residents and families living with addiction include:
- Project DAWN (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- Hidden in Plain Sight program
- Counseling Services and Support Groups
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Knox County Public Health
- behavioral health tool locator (SAMHSA)
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or a loved one are struggling with drug abuse, consider Ohio Recovery Center. Located just a little over two hours away, our inpatient rehab center provides evidence-based treatment options that are catered to your needs.
To learn more about our treatment program and how we can help, please contact us today.
- Inova — 2022 Mount Vernon Community Health Needs Assessment https://www.inova.org/sites/default/files/about-inova/community/Inova_CHNA_MtVernon_2022.pdf
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — Surveillance of Drug Abuse Trends in the State of Ohio June 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-June-2022.pdf