Alcohol & Drug Rehab In Miami County, Ohio
Miami County offers a wide-array of recovery services such as medical detox, support groups, helplines, and inpatient and outpatient treatment. Additional recovery options, such as Ohio Recovery Center in Van Wert, are available nearby.
Miami County and the Dayton region offer a variety of mental health and addiction services. The main agency involved in establishing addiction treatment in the area is the Tri-County Board Of Recovery & Mental Health Services.
The addiction treatment centers in Miami County offer treatment options like detox, medication-assisted treatment, and aftercare.
However, you aren’t only limited to drug abuse treatment in Miami County. There are a number of treatment programs throughout the state, including residential care at Ohio Recovery Center.
Substance Abuse Resources In Miami County, Ohio
The primary agency for addiction resources in Miami County is the Tri-County Board Of Recovery & Mental Health Services.
This agency plans, funds, oversees, and evaluates substance abuse and mental health services in Miami County. It works to provide quality and affordable addiction treatment and resources.
The county also has the Second Chance Drug Court that allows non-violent offenders to receive treatment instead of going to jail. Offenders are monitored by licensed treatment providers, law enforcement, probation officers, and a judge.
The community also has access to Project DAWN, which provides naloxone (Narcan) kits to help prevent overdose deaths. There is also a Tri-County Crisis Hotline you can reach out to for immediate assistance.
Get Started On The Road To Recovery.
Get Confidential Help 24/7. Call Today!(419) 904-4158
Ohio Recovery Center
Ohio Recovery Center is located in Van Wert, Ohio, which is about an hour and fifteen minutes from Miami County.
At our treatment center, we provide addiction treatment options that include everything from detox and inpatient drug rehab to medication-assisted treatment and aftercare support.
If you or a loved one are struggling with substance abuse or addiction, our experienced staff is more than happy to help you on your road to recovery.
Miami County Substance Use & Overdose Data
Miami County has seen its fair share of addiction and overdose deaths over the years, and the recent data suggests it’s not going to significantly change anytime soon. Some of the data includes:
- From 2015-2020, Miami County had an average overdose death rate of 33.3 per 100,000 population
- In April 2017, there were ten drug overdose deaths in one night. It was a 200 percent increase from their former record of three deaths in one day.
- In 2019, there were 23 drug overdose deaths. This was down by five from the year before when there were 28 overdose deaths.
- Marijuana, cocaine, and heroin are the most popular drugs used in Miami County.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Options In Miami County, Ohio
Almost all of these rehab facilities provide two or more treatment services. They typically include detox, inpatient and outpatient treatment, and medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Medical detox involves being under the supervision of healthcare professionals while drugs and alcohol are allowed to completely leave your body. During this process, you are given medication, IV fluids, and other treatments to help ease cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Inpatient treatment or residential treatment is often for anyone with a severe addiction that needs 24/7 supervision. During your treatment, you may participate in behavioral therapy, case management, support groups, and aftercare.
Outpatient treatment is recommended for anyone with a mild addiction and those who have a strong support system at home. The type of outpatient treatment you receive depends on the severity of your addiction.
There are three types: partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), and standard outpatient programs.
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
In MAT, your healthcare providers prescribe medication approved to treat alcohol and opioid use disorder. The medications work by easing cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
You also receive behavioral therapy during MAT as well. Together, the medication and therapy can make the first weeks and months of your recovery much easier to deal with.
Payment Options Accepted In Miami County, Ohio
Paying for addiction treatment may not empty your wallet as much as you might think. With private health insurance or Medicare/Medicaid, some of your addiction treatment will be covered. To find out exactly how much is covered, contact your insurance provider.
If you don’t have insurance or are underinsured, there are payment assistance options for you as well, including:
- asking your chosen rehab center about sliding fee scales and payment plans
- applying for grants or loans
- starting an online fundraiser using GoFundMe
If you would like to verify your insurance or learn more about the drug addiction treatment options we provide at Ohio Recovery Center, please call our helpline today.
- Ohio Department of Health — 2019 Ohio Drug Overdose Data: General Findings https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/wcm/connect/gov/0a7bdcd9-b8d5-4193-a1af-e711be4ef541/2019_OhioDrugOverdoseReport_Final_11.06.20.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE.Z18_K9I401S01H7F40QBNJU3SO1F56-0a7bdcd9-b8d5-4193-a1af-e711be4ef541-nmv3qSt
- Ohio Department of Health — Preliminary Data Summary: Ohio Unintentional Drug Overdose Deaths https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/wcm/connect/gov/079238ff-e238-4018-a0f4-036c36efaa13/Ohio+Monthly+Overdose+Report_Preliminary+Data_September2021.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE.Z18_M1HGGIK0N0JO00QO9DDDDM3000-079238ff-e238-4018-a0f4-036c36efaa13-nNsr-e-