The Best Drug & Alcohol Rehab Programs In Medina, Ohio
Medina, Ohio, offers many rehab programs in and around the city, including detox, inpatient care, and medication-assisted treatment. The city also provides a number of community resources with hotlines and support groups.
Within 25 miles of Cleveland, Medina residents have access to 65 different drug and alcohol treatment facilities. With this many treatment options, you can likely find the help that fits your specific needs.
Beyond the drug rehab centers in and around Medina, the community also offers several resources to help you find the right addiction treatment center in Ohio or to assist you in finding support groups, halfway houses, or other drug addiction support programs.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Medina, Ohio
Of the 60+ drug and alcohol rehab facilities in and around Medina, most offer a wide variety of alcohol and drug rehab services. With so many treatment services and levels of care, you’re likely to receive a customized treatment plan.
Some of the substance abuse treatment options available include:
- residential inpatient treatment
- intensive outpatient programs
- partial hospitalization programs
- dual-diagnosis treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders
- medication-assisted treatment
Detoxification or detox programs are usually the first step of recovery and involve drugs or alcohol leaving your system in a medically supervised environment.
This type of medical detox program may take place in a detox center or an inpatient rehab center. It’s recommended over going cold turkey because the withdrawal symptoms that show up can be uncomfortable and increase the risk of relapse.
Residential Inpatient Treatment
Inpatient treatment takes place at a residential facility where you stay there 24/7 for as long as your treatment lasts. During treatment, you participate in behavioral therapy, support groups, recreational activities, and addiction education.
If inpatient treatment doesn’t seem like the right option for you, outpatient treatment might be a better option especially if your addiction is mild to moderate and you don’t need as much supervision. With outpatient treatment, you’re able to go home after treatment sessions each day.
There are two types of outpatient programs: intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization:
- intensive outpatient programs (IOPs): These programs tend to be around 10-12 hours per week and include services like therapy, support groups, and medical monitoring.
- partial hospitalization programs (PHPs): PHPs usually take up more time per week at 25-30 hours and include behavioral therapy, group therapy, support groups, medical care, and educational classes.
If you’re struggling with another mental health disorder on top of a substance use disorder, dual-diagnosis treatment for co-occurring disorders may be the right treatment for you.
You receive treatment for both issues at the same time so your addiction doesn’t negatively affect your mental illness and your mental illness doesn’t negatively affect your addiction.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is specifically for those with alcohol or opioid use disorder. During treatment, you receive medication to ease cravings, help withdrawal symptoms, and heal some of the damage done to the brain and body.
Some of the medications used in MAT include methadone, naltrexone, buprenorphine, and disulfiram.
Paying For Addiction Treatment In Medina, Ohio
While there are many things to consider when deciding to seek addiction treatment, one that might sway your decision is how you’re going to pay for it. Luckily, most private health insurance and Medicare/Medicaid plans cover some of the cost.
Other payment options to consider if you don’t have health insurance include sliding-scale fees and payment plans. To learn about your payment options, contact a treatment facility directly or reach out to your insurance provider.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Medina, Ohio
Medina, like most of Ohio, has seen lots of problems with addiction, especially when it comes to opioid drug abuse. Some of the trends in the city and Medina County include:
- There were 27 recorded drug overdoses in Medina County in 2020, which was double the number in 2019 according to the Medina County Coroner’s Office.
- In 2021, there were 25 drug overdose deaths and 22 of the 25 were due to fentanyl use.
- According to the CDC, there were 4,251 fatal drug overdoses related to opioids in Ohio in 2019.
Local Medina, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Medina offers community resources for substance use with everything from hotlines to support groups. Some of these community services and addiction services include:
Ohio Recovery Center
Ohio Recovery Center is located in Van Wert, Ohio, which is about 160 miles away from Medina. If you or a loved one live with drug or alcohol addiction, we’re here for you.
At Ohio Recovery Center, we offer many treatment options including detox, inpatient drug rehab, medication-assisted treatment, and aftercare support. No matter the severity of your substance abuse or addiction, we have an addiction treatment program to fit your needs.
To learn more, please call our helpline today.
- Medina Alcohol, Drug Addiction & Mental Health Board — Opiate Task Force https://medinamentalhealth.com/opiate-task-force/
- The Medina Gazette — Fatal overdoses nearly doubled in 2020 in Medina County https://medina-gazette.com/news/268863/fatal-overdoses-nearly-doubled-in-2020-in-medina-county/#:~:text=Drug%20overdoses%20in%20Medina%20County,the%20Medina%20County%20Coroner's%20Office.
- The Medina Gazette — Fatal overdoses were still elevated in 2021 https://medina-gazette.com/news/289889/fatal-overdoses-were-still-elevated-in-2021/