Lyndhurst, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
Although Lyndhurst itself doesn’t host any substance use disorder treatment centers, residents can find inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment facilities throughout Cuyahoga County and northeast Ohio.
While there is not a specific rehab center devoted to the city of Lyndhurst, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), there are nine located nearby in the Cleveland area.
If you or a loved one live with drug or alcohol addiction, consider treatment options in Cuyahoga County or other regions of Ohio.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Lyndhurst, Ohio
The alcohol and drug treatment services available in this area include:
- medical detox
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
One of the first steps of a treatment program includes medical detoxification. The alcohol or drug detox process is likely to lead to uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms that can lead to further substance use.
Throughout a detox program, a healthcare professional will monitor you to help manage withdrawal symptoms if they occur.
Those who choose inpatient treatment at a drug rehab center will receive around-the-clock care in a structured setting. You’ll receive a personalized treatment plan with various treatment services, including behavioral therapy and peer support, throughout the day.
Those with co-occurring disorders or a dual diagnosis can benefit from inpatient care due to the multidisciplinary approach residential treatment provides. At an inpatient treatment facility, you will remain on-site and be cared for by healthcare workers until the rehab program finishes.
Certain addiction treatment centers provide outpatient treatment plans. As an outpatient, you will only be required to visit the rehab facility at various times throughout the week.
Those looking to find a more flexible schedule may choose standard outpatient care. However, more comprehensive outpatient programs include partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) and intensive outpatient programs (IOPs).
If you live with alcohol use disorder or an opioid use disorder, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) may be offered by some drug and alcohol rehab centers. With MAT, medication is combined with cognitive behavioral therapy to combat alcohol and drug abuse.
Upon completion of a rehab program, you can utilize the many aftercare resources available to you. For instance, sober-living homes, 12-step programs, case management, vocational training, and ongoing outpatient counseling may be coordinated by your treatment team.
Paying For Treatment In Lyndhurst, Ohio
If you do not have private health insurance, some treatment providers may accept public insurance plans like Medicare and Medicaid.
If you have private health insurance, reach out to your healthcare provider to determine your type of insurance and if it covers substance abuse treatment. You can find out if inpatient and outpatient options are available for your drug and alcohol treatment.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Lyndhurst, Ohio
Some of the substance abuse trends in Cuyahoga County include:
- 850 overdoses occurred from 2019-2020 in Cuyahoga County.
- 675 overdose deaths occurred in 2021 in Cuyahoga County.
- Cocaine, heroin, and fentanyl availability was labeled as “high” during the first six months of 2021.
- 39.7% of all drug-related deaths in Cuyahoga County during the first six months of 2021 included cocaine.
- 70.3% of all cocaine-related deaths in Cuyahoga County also involved fentanyl.
Lyndhurst, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Local substance use resources available in this region include:
- Health and Human Services Department of Cuyahoga County
- SAMHSA’s behavioral health tool locator
- Alcohol, Drug Addiction & Mental Health Services Board of Cuyahoga County
- Project DAWN (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or a loved one live with alcohol or drug addiction, consider finding evidence-based practices and wellness treatment options at Ohio Recovery Center.
Our inpatient rehab center is located just three hours away from Lyndhurst. To learn how we can help assist you on the road to recovery, please contact us today.
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health — Cuyahoga County Overdose Data to Action Initiative (OD2A) Yearly Evaluation Report September 1, 2019 https://www.ccbh.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/OD2A-Y1-Evaluation-Report-Begun-Center-Full-Report.pdf
- Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network (OSAM) — Surveillance of Drug Abuse Trends in the State of Ohio January 2022 https://mha.ohio.gov/static/ResearchandData/DataandReports/OSAM/OSAM-Drug-Trend-Report-January-2022.pdf
- U.S. Department of Justice: Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) — Enhanced Data for Improved Substance Use Surveillance, Prevention and Recovery on Reentry in Cuyahoga County Ohio https://bja.ojp.gov/funding/awards/15pbja-22-gg-04436-coap