The Best Alcohol & Drug Rehab Programs In Forest Park, Ohio
In Forest Park and throughout Cincinnati, you can find alcohol and drug rehab options such as medication-assisted treatment, medical detox, and inpatient or outpatient treatment.
Forest Park, Ohio, offers 13 substance use treatment centers within 5 miles of the city, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Available Addiction Treatment Services In Forest Park, Ohio
Some of the available alcohol and drug treatment options in this region of Ohio include:
- medical detox
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- aftercare resources
The first step of a drug addiction treatment program may include medical detox. This form of care consists of ridding your body of the unwanted chemicals and harmful toxins which were caused by drug abuse.
During the detoxification process, a healthcare representative will monitor you. It is possible for withdrawal symptoms to occur if the drug is stopped abruptly, so professionals will be by your side throughout this short-term process.
If you seek drug and alcohol treatment at an inpatient treatment facility, you will take part in behavioral therapy, group therapy, and other substance abuse treatment options. Depending on the level of care required, your stay in an inpatient treatment center may involve treatments which range in severity.
For instance, those with a dual diagnosis such as a substance use disorder as well as mental illness may require more extensive treatment. Inpatient care provides a structured environment to assist in the treatment of both disorders.
As an outpatient at a drug rehab center, you will only be required to visit the treatment center at various times throughout the week. Those with a drug or alcohol addiction can choose intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) or partial hospitalization programs (PHPs).
As part of your addiction recovery, you may be advised to participate in an outpatient treatment program. Outpatient treatment offers a more flexible schedule than inpatient care.
If you have opioid use disorder or alcohol use disorder, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) can be helpful. Combining medication with forms of therapy may prove to be beneficial for those suffering from either of these two substance use disorders.
Drug or alcohol rehab centers in the area may offer MAT as an option. Those with an alcohol or opioid addiction can benefit from MAT via medications such as methadone, buprenorphine (Suboxone), disulfiram, or naltrexone.
During the transitional state from the completion of your stay at a drug rehab program to the utilization of aftercare options, aftercare resources provide assistance to those transitioning.
Aftercare resources that may be coordinated by your treatment center include outpatient therapy options, case management, employment assistance, 12-step facilitation, and more.
Paying For Treatment In Forest Park, Ohio
If you find a rehab center in the area and you have health insurance, reach out to your provider to determine your type of coverage. Also, call the phone numbers on your insurance card to find out if the treatment center you choose is in-network or out-of-network.
If you do not have private health insurance, other options include Medicaid, Medicare, and payment assistance plans.
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Forest Park, Ohio
Substance use trends in Forest Park and the surrounding area include:
- 26 drug overdoses took place in Hamilton County during the week of January 16 to January 22, 2023.
- 274 drug overdose deaths occurred in Hamilton County in 2022.
- There were 180 drug overdoses which led to emergency room visits in Hamilton County in 2022.
- 18,400 doses of the life-saving medication naloxone (Narcan) were administered in 2022 in Hamilton County to help reverse the effects of an overdose.
- There were 911 dispatch calls of overdoses totaling 139 in 2022 in Hamilton County.
Additionally, the Hamilton County Health department states the top 5 immediate causes of an overdose death in 2022 are:
- polydrug use involving opioids and cocaine
- polydrug use involving opioids and meth
- polydrug use involving multiple opioids
Forest Park, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Some of the substance use resources available to you in this area include:
- the (SAMHSA) behavioral health tool locator
- Hamilton County Harm Reduction program
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Hamilton County’s Safe Medication Disposal
- Project DAWN (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone)
- the Hamilton County Health Department
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or a loved one are searching for a treatment center, consider Ohio Recovery Center. We’re located a little over 2 hours away from Forest Park. Reach out to our helpline today to learn about our inpatient treatment programs.
- Hamilton County Public Health — All Overdose Deaths https://analytics.hcph.org/views/OverdoseDecedentDashboard/PublicDecedents_pg1?%3Adisplay_count=n&%3Aembed=y&%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aorigin=viz_share_link&%3AshowAppBanner=false&%3AshowVizHome=n
- Hamilton County Public Health — Monthly Overdose Report https://analytics.hcph.org/views/MonthlyOverdoseReport_16191930890170/MonthlyKeyMetrics?%3Adisplay_count=n&%3Aembed=y&%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aorigin=viz_share_link&%3AshowAppBanner=false&%3AshowVizHome=n
- Hamilton County Public Health — Top Immediate Five Causes https://analytics.hcph.org/views/OverdoseDecedentDashboard/PublicDecedents_pg2Top5?%3Adisplay_count=n&%3Aembed=y&%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aorigin=viz_share_link&%3AshowAppBanner=false&%3AshowVizHome=n
- Hamilton County Public Health — Weekly Overdose Report https://analytics.hcph.org/views/DailyOverdoseReport/DailyGraph?%3Adisplay_count=n&%3Aembed=y&%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aorigin=viz_share_link&%3AshowAppBanner=false&%3AshowVizHome=n