Elyria, Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services
In Elyria, addiction treatment options include medical detox, inpatient care, medication-assisted treatment, and outpatient services. Residents can also access inpatient care at Ohio Recovery Center, which is located about two-and-a-half hours west of Elyria.
Addiction treatment is available across Ohio to help those struggling with alcohol and drug abuse. When entering treatment, specialists help you build a treatment plan to fit your exact needs. Your plan may include therapy, support groups, medication, or all three.
Available Alcohol & Drug Rehab Services In Elyria, Ohio
Elyria, a city about 30 miles from Cleveland, offers a variety of substance abuse treatment services including:
- medical detox
- inpatient/residential treatment
- medication-assisted treatment
- outpatient treatment
Detox is usually the first step in the addiction recovery process. If you’ve built up a dependence on a substance, once you stop use, withdrawal symptoms may occur.
Because these symptoms can be serious and sometimes life-threatening, being supervised by healthcare providers in a detox program is likely recommended.
With medical detox, medical professionals may provide medication to help ease your symptoms and make you as comfortable as possible. They will also keep track of your vitals to ensure you don’t need further medical care.
Inpatient or residential treatment involves staying at a treatment center 24/7 and is designed for people with severe addictions who require constant supervision.
During inpatient treatment, you may participate in individual therapy, group therapy, support groups, and addiction education. You’ll also learn relapse prevention strategies to ensure you stay sober for as long as possible.
Inpatient care can last 30, 60, or 90 days depending on the drug or alcohol rehab center you attend.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) combines FDA-approved medications with behavioral therapy and is used to treat alcohol addiction and opioid use disorders. Some of the medications used during MAT include naltrexone, methadone, and Suboxone.
The combination of medication and therapy is used so that the whole person is treated, not just the physical or psychological parts of the disorder.
Intensive Outpatient Programs
Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) offer more treatment sessions compared to standard outpatient care, and are usually for those who have already gone through withdrawal and only struggle with a moderate addiction.
IOPs provide therapy and support groups and likely involve 10-12 hours of treatment per week.
Partial Hospitalization Programs
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) are more intensive than IOPs and likely involve 25-30 hours of treatment sessions per week.
PHPs are on par with inpatient care but instead of staying in a treatment facility, you’re able to go home at the end of your treatment session each day. These rehab programs likely involve both psychiatric and physical forms of treatment.
Paying For Treatment In Elyria, Ohio
There are several payment options for addiction treatment programs in Elyria, Ohio. If you have private insurance, or public insurance like Medicaid or Medicare, these plans should cover most, if not all, of the cost of treatment.
If you don’t have insurance or are underinsured, there are also many ways you can pay for treatment including:
- cash or self-payment
- payment plans (these often allow you to pay over time in installments)
- sliding fee scales (you pay a certain amount based on income)
- financial assistance
Substance Use Trends & Facts In Elyria, Ohio
Unfortunately, Elyria has many issues with alcohol and drug addiction, including a number of drug overdose deaths.
Some of the trends and facts about drug abuse in Elyria include:
- In 2022, 82 people died from a drug overdose in Lorain County (71 deaths were due to opioids).
- There were 143 overdose deaths in Lorain County in 2020.
- There are 45 addiction treatment centers in and around Elyria.
- In 2017, it was estimated that 35,000 residents were misusing or abusing opioids.
Local Elyria, Ohio Substance Use Resources
Beyond the addiction treatment options available in Elyria, there are also several substance use resources in the city, county, and throughout the state:
- Ohio CareLine (a 24/7 hotline that’s free and confidential)
- Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Mental Health, Addiction, And Recovery Services Board of Lorain County Crisis Hotline
- Lorain County Non-Emergency Navigator
Ohio Recovery Center
If you or a loved one are struggling with substance abuse and looking for treatment in Ohio, Ohio Recovery Center is here for you.
We’re located about 151 miles, or two-and-a-half hours, away from Elyria in Van Wert. We offer a variety of treatment options including detox, inpatient drug rehab, medication-assisted treatment, and aftercare support.
To learn more, please call our helpline today.
- Mental Health, Addiction, And Recovery Services Board of Lorain County — Public Awareness Report: The Drug & Overdose Epidemic https://mharslc.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PublicAwarenessReport103118.pdf
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Find Treatment — Elyria, Ohio https://findtreatment.gov/results